Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected: Too hard and insane
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Ok this is totally insane. No Iím not crying but come on! I have been an admiral for a while now and have been waiting to see whatís next for the game. I come on this weekend to see whatís new and find this mission called Infected. Iím excited and tell my kids to leave daddy alone today, heís got to save the universe from the borg.
I sit back and watch for a bit while people are talking in zone chat about the mission. Then join a team. That was Saturday at 1pm cst . I been on countless teams and havenít done anything but eat, sleep, and play STO and guess what, still havenít beaten the queen. Oh, itís just past midnight on Sunday. Now I understand that I might have been on a bad team but say 5 to 8 bad teams in a row? The last two teams, I asked for people that had done the mission before. Every team I was on could not beat the queen. Couldnít get past the one shot kill from the queen? Thatís just plain stupid. I love this game so far, and I understand that things are new and evolving but come on. Use your heads guys The mission should be hard yes.. But not damn near impossible. Again Iím not a sore loser and itís not like I and many other havenít tried to beat it. So I really donít care to hear responses saying I didnít give it enough effort. I have a few suggestions to improve the mission

1. The long insane walks you have to do on the star baseÖ. Did you developers forget how to include a new spawn point? You spend most of your time running back to the action after you get killed
2. Lower the damage output on the queen. The one or two shot kills is stupid
3. Whatís the idea with all the skill points you can earn? As a admiral lvl 5 canít use them.

Here is whatís good
1. The space fight is hard but fun
2. I love the idea of fighting the borg . they seem to act well like a borg should. Again hard but not to insane
3. love the dropsÖ.nice MK X stuff

Iím again telling people that the game has a great beginning but still hasnít quite nailed it. I keep hoping they fix the silly bugs and in a lot of cases they have. But this Infected mission is another example where they didnít seem to get the simple issues right. Over all its looks great
One last thing. You want great missions? Make more like the Q mission we have. That is bar none the best mission we have in this game so far.
Would love to hear what you all think
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 11:42 PM
You are right that Mission is way too hard and can see 2 groups of 5 its was just too hard I did enjoy the Q mission that was enjoyable. The space part of Infected was good but I think if people just slow down and use tactics this will be fun and easier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcul View Post
Ok this is totally insane. No Iím not crying but come on! I have been an admiral for a while now and have been waiting to see whatís next for the game. I come on this weekend to see whatís new and find this mission called Infected. Iím excited and tell my kids to leave daddy alone today, heís got to save the universe from the borg.
I sit back and watch for a bit while people are talking in zone chat about the mission. Then join a team. That was Saturday at 1pm cst . I been on countless teams and havenít done anything but eat, sleep, and play STO and guess what, still havenít beaten the queen. Oh, itís just past midnight on Sunday. Now I understand that I might have been on a bad team but say 5 to 8 bad teams in a row? The last two teams, I asked for people that had done the mission before. Every team I was on could not beat the queen. Couldnít get past the one shot kill from the queen? Thatís just plain stupid. I love this game so far, and I understand that things are new and evolving but come on. Use your heads guys The mission should be hard yes.. But not damn near impossible. Again Iím not a sore loser and itís not like I and many other havenít tried to beat it. So I really donít care to hear responses saying I didnít give it enough effort. I have a few suggestions to improve the mission

1. The long insane walks you have to do on the star baseÖ. Did you developers forget how to include a new spawn point? You spend most of your time running back to the action after you get killed
3. Whatís the idea with all the skill points you can earn? As a admiral lvl 5 canít use them.

Here is whatís good
1. The space fight is hard but fun
2. I love the idea of fighting the borg . they seem to act well like a borg should. Again hard but not to insane
3. love the dropsÖ.nice MK X stuff

Iím again telling people that the game has a great beginning but still hasnít quite nailed it. I keep hoping they fix the silly bugs and in a lot of cases they have. But this Infected mission is another example where they didnít seem to get the simple issues right. Over all its looks great
One last thing. You want great missions? Make more like the Q mission we have. That is bar none the best mission we have in this game so far.
Would love to hear what you all think
Hello fella first of all this misson is not hard , make sure your team got the right type of kits on for there class . a nice group set up is 2x eng 2x tac 1x sci with medi kit or drop a tac for extra sci , if you really still cant beat it then lets me know as ive done it everyday , im willing to take you along on my next run if you want . before you say im a no lifer or something im a mature gamer over 21 but still way under 60

regards vartok
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 01:07 AM
BTW you even dont need sci officers, if you buy large hypos and large shield charges at Exchange (they not expensive). Important is to survive the first queen attack, heal yourself, res others (then they should heal themselves as well) and close the queen (she sucks at melee range, tacticals with batleth will tear her apart). Engineers fabricate cover shields against the tactical drones around, or even better is if they manage to lock te queen inside them. Try to make base at one of the corners, and dont shoot her, so she comes close to you.

Melee, cover shields and loads of large hypos - thats my advice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 03:04 AM
i agree. i just ran it for the first time and we couldnt even get the sheilds down, they kept going up. Im also not to happy with the respawns. They respawn to fast as soon as you turn around they are back again. I hope this new patch will fix the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
BTW you even dont need sci officers, if you buy large hypos and large shield charges at Exchange (they not expensive). Important is to survive the first queen attack, heal yourself, res others (then they should heal themselves as well) and close the queen (she sucks at melee range, tacticals with batleth will tear her apart). Engineers fabricate cover shields against the tactical drones around, or even better is if they manage to lock te queen inside them. Try to make base at one of the corners, and dont shoot her, so she comes close to you.

Melee, cover shields and loads of large hypos - thats my advice.
Pretty much this ^.

Don't get frustrated once you survive her first alpha strikes her DPS drops alot. Just concentrate on healing yourself (don't reley on your sci guy only) and rezzing your team mates while she is AoE Alphaing, after that she surprisingly easy to take down.

I know your getting frustrated at the game but once you do compleat it once you'll want to do it again and again.

P.S. DS9 has 100% heath hypos/shield chargers
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:

RESPAWN is NOT a heal stop using it as such and revive your team properly.

Quote:
Large hypos give 100% health, and large shield charges give 100% shields USE them as they only have a 10 sec cool down.

Quote:
Not yet at least.

FOLLOW THIS GUIDE:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134598

ps: TODAYS PATCH IS GONNA MAKE IT HARDER.:p.

Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 08:09 AM
My guys beat it 2nd attempt, first attempt our engie had to leave due to work in the morning. I think Cryptic did a good job with this. I wouldn't consider it a raid as much as a good team instance but the difficulty was spot on and we all had fun with it.

All it takes is a little coordination up front and you should be good to go.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2010, 08:57 AM
agree with the OP this mission is insane I still have yet to beat it and i've tried with many teams, now Cryptic has moved the valor marks from the cube to the end boss so I have no chance of getting any of these at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2010, 11:07 AM
DS9 has a device merchant. You can buy all the supplies you need there.