Lt. Commander
# 1 Meet the Team: Nicole Hamlett
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
It's that time when you get to know members of the team. Up to the plate this round is your new Star Trek Online Community Lead, Nicole Hamlett. Find out what makes this team rookie tick.

Read more here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Q: Which is cooler: monkeys, robots, pirates, or ninjas?

Yarrrrrgh!
If there isn't a more telling sign that she's cool, I don't know what is... Nice to meet you Nicole!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Welcome to the forums
12-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Great to meet you :O)

Welcome to the forums :O)

Darren
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Awen, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums

I hate to be the one to point this out but Betazoid's are Empaths, not Telepaths. This means that they don't read minds. They are actually very sensitive to emotions as opposed to sensing actual thought....iirc...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeless79 View Post
Hi Awen, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums

I hate to be the one to point this out but Betazoid's are Empaths, not Telepaths. This means that they don't read minds. They are actually very sensitive to emotions as opposed to sensing actual thought....iirc...
Actually, I believe that full Betazoid's are Telepaths. From my understanding and I could be entirely wrong, Deanna was only half Betazoid, therefore she was only empathic. I'll have to do more research on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 6 reply to awen - nicole
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Actually, I believe that full Betazoid's are Telepaths. From my understanding and I could be entirely wrong, Deanna was only half Betazoid, therefore she was only empathic. I'll have to do more research on this one.

Haha Awen knows her stuff alright :O)

p.s. i messaged you could you possible make my christmas a little better and answer it :O)

tyvm

lol

Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
From the Betazoid article on Memory Alpha

Quote:
Inter-species reproduction involving Betazoids often affects the psionic abilities of the offspring - most commonly the children of such a union develop empathic abilities as their primary psionic talent, while their telepathic abilities, though existing, are rather below average for Betazoids. Usually the telepathy of these half-breeds, without extensive training, is limited to communication with other empaths or telepaths and full telepathic contact with emotionally very close persons (for example, an imzadi).
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Welcome aboard Awen.

I think you have made many fans by out nerding the STO community. This is exactly what WE look for in a community rep!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
So... I live 5 minutes away from the Cryptic offices... any way I could get one of those cookies??

Haha. Seriously though, it's always nice to get to know the team a little better.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Glad to have you aboard! Keep up the good work!