Lt. Commander
# 101 woohoo
01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
If anyone is following what folks are working on for this:

My workspace on it is here: I'm working on a cartoon/music video...thingy. I have a rough script sent in for already. I'll be posting the content as it gets made.

Check out the progress on this here: http://hailingfrequency.co.uk/boards...14.msg8383#new

Best!
--Kinn
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Ye i sent mine to them and then found out that UK isnt allowed to be involved......which SUCKS. They should have European/UK/Aussy contest just to make it even.......stop all the americans havin all the fun :p

and i thought my application was rather cool aswell lol
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, I spent alot of time reading and rereading my entry before I finally sent it in. I'm convinced I did the best I can, and if I don't win than I'll be cool with it. lol

Best of luck to everyone who participated in this contest. Too bad only us U.S.ers could do this one.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance85 View Post
For the love of tod, how about we stop the chldnishness and work on getting the game finished a little faster eh?
But first, a fight to the death determines who may participate in the beta!
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
But first, a fight to the death determines who may participate in the beta!
rofl hell yeah!! lets see.. pistols at dawn?
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Swords it is then!
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-19-2009, 02:37 AM
about the contest....WHY THE F*** DO I NEED TO HAVE 18? The prize ins't money? so why? link

2. Acceptance of Terms

2.(a). This Official Rules and the Submission Agreement located in Exhibit A (collectively the “Official Rules and Submission Agreement”) is made between you and Sponsor.
2.(b). YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING A CONTEST ENTRY (AS DEFINED BELOW) TO THE CONTEST. BY SUBMITTING A CONTEST ENTRY YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFICIAL RULES AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE A CONTEST ENTRY TO THE SPONSOR AND DO NOT OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-19-2009, 04:54 AM
LOL, we all had to wait to turn 18

I do agree with you however, it is strange since there's no cash prize. I guess it's because entering is like a binding contract? And you can't sign a binding contract unless you've divorced your parents or if they sign it.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
I believe it has to do with the possibility of winning an entry to the closed beta, which needs a NDA. People under 18 are not allowed in closed beta because if they break the Non-disclosure Agreement, they can't be held responsible. I still think we should be able to enter for the special forum titles, though.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
I'm sorry guys, this contest is only open to US residents. However, with that said, the European details will be incoming soon so we'll be able to include you in alot of these instances.

I'm pushing for you.
I'm glad that the European details will be coming soon.

That said, what about Canada?

Atari did the same thing with D&D Online, and the collector's edition for that game.

I guess their practices are continuing into STO.