Lt. Commander
# 121
01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryklone View Post
The important parts being "no cash-value." Now, also from the contest rules:

"(b). If the total cash value of the Prizes is zero dollars, then the following eligibility rules apply: Contest is open to anyone who agrees to the terms of this Agreement, excluding every national, state, local, or other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited or restricted by any law, statute, regulation, or other appropriate authority (hereafter "Participant"). Sponsor, Sponsor Partner, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, prize providers, officers, employees, and subcontractors do not warrant that this Contest may be entered legally in any particular jurisdiction."

So unless your country or other jurisdiction doesn't stop you from entering - looks like sharpen your writing pencils and have fun?

Stryklone
=========
To all the people who are saying only US citizens are eligable for this contest, READ AGAIN!!!

Like Stryklone said, If you take the time to read the rules you'll notice that (Given that this is a non-cash prize winning contest) ALL people from ALL Countries are eligable to take part in this contest.

So, Europeans (Like me), Africans, Asians, Middle Easterns grab your keyboards and fire up that text-writing program. Because it's time to step up and join the battle to win the ultimate prize, A chance to laugh in the faces of your fellow trekkies as you can be the first to go boldly where no other person following this game has gone before.
Lt. Commander
# 122
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwithsoul View Post
To all the people who are saying only US citizens are eligable for this contest, READ AGAIN!!!

Like Stryklone said, If you take the time to read the rules you'll notice that (Given that this is a non-cash prize winning contest) ALL people from ALL Countries are eligable to take part in this contest.

So, Europeans (Like me), Africans, Asians, Middle Easterns grab your keyboards and fire up that text-writing program. Because it's time to step up and join the battle to win the ultimate prize, A chance to laugh in the faces of your fellow trekkies as you can be the first to go boldly where no other person following this game has gone before.
Except Awen and the devs are saying its for Americans only....and they haven't clarified yet....so someone needs to READ all the posts AGAIN!!!
Lt. Commander
# 123
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Hopefully Awen will double-check that the contest rules do in fact agree with what she is saying. Until hearing back, I wouldn't recommend that anyone outside the US send in an entry.

But each person can make their own decision.

I'm not a lawyer, just a person who read the rules.

Stryklone
========
Lt. Commander
# 124
01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
hey i hope they will make new topic of all stories and post them here on forums when contest is finished
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-20-2009, 05:29 AM
I posted something, but received no answer saying they received my text.
Should i post again?
Lt. Commander
# 126
01-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
I'm sorry guys, this contest is only open to US residents. However, with that said, the European details will be incoming soon so we'll be able to include you in alot of these instances.

I'm pushing for you.
You'll never know my frustration of this outside the states thing. I'm fuming. Just call me Mt' St.Helens on a bad day.!!

Awen I appriciate the pushing, how about shoving...

(Duras pulls disrupter and throws it to Awen.)
Perhaps they need motivation...
Lt. Commander
# 127
01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
not sure how too enter write a story like a mini episode ?

are there limiting factors involving beaming down like ya can't?

characters from the tv series can't be used?

i would like to write it but not sure what factors i can use and can't use
Lt. Commander
# 128
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
It's such a shame. I certainly had several fascinating ideas for this contest, but I haven't yet reached the age of 18. Despite that, I may still attempt to enter.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 129
01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Well, I just sent my entry in. We'll see what comes of it.
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessen
I posted something, but received no answer saying they received my text.
Should i post again?
I entered mine and recieved no response. I doubt they'll contact you unless you win, or unless they send out a mass email to all the people that lost saying that they lost.