Lt. Commander
# 31
01-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Please clarification... is this really 'US Only' again and I can screw my story up or is it just covered by US Laws and every foreigner can participate?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I think there be some convenient misquoting here of the rules. What they actually say is:

Quote:
3.(c). If the total cash value of the Prizes is greater than zero-dollars, then the following eligibility rules apply: Contest is open to any current legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia....
As it says earlier, the prizes have no financial value, so my understanding is that us foreigners can enter. That's probably why no mention of it being US only is made in the main text.

Quote:
Prizes
• Two (2) total Runner-Up Prizes, and one (1) First-Place Prize, as defined above.
• The total value of all prizes to be awarded (“Total Value”) is $0.00 (zero dollars) (approximate US retail value).
It would be nice if Awen could clear it up for us with a definite answer though.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-16-2009, 01:03 AM
A little addition as I should have read the bit before as it clarifies further:

Quote:
3.(b). If the total cash value of the Prizes is zero dollars, then the following eligibility rules apply: Contest is open to anyone who agrees to the terms of this Agreement, excluding every national, state, local, or other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited or restricted by any law, statute, regulation, or other appropriate authority (hereafter "Participant"). Sponsor, Sponsor Partner, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, prize providers, officers, employees, and subcontractors do not warrant that this Contest may be entered legally in any particular jurisdiction.
Just to clarify, unless you live in a country where the law forbids you from entry, you can enter. I think 3c is there more because with cash prizes, you have to start worrying about taxes and things.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Ah... I see... thank you! I'm glad to see I can hit the send-Button for my E-Mail
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-16-2009, 04:11 AM
I want an official statement on this from Cryptic. I want to flex my writingmuscles but if this is, again, a US-only contest... *grumbles*. Next to that, if they later on decide that a Beta-slot has some sort of value, we're screwed either way >

So pretty please Cryptic, some word from you would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-16-2009, 05:31 AM
I sent mine in any way. I enjoyed writing it, though as soon as I clicked "send", I thought of things I should have done instead. Anyway, if I do end up wrong (it's never happened in the past, but there's always a first time ) and we can't enter, the worst that can happen is you win but end up disqualified. That would be annoying, but I haven't lost anything.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Sent mine as well, heres hoping!
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Can we send the entry in as an attached document (Word, .pdf, etc)?
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
i love to write, but when i write i always add things to my story. and soon it would be a noval. but im going to think about the short sory i have been building in my head.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Well I sent mine off, it was pretty fun in the end