Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I completed the "Into the Fray" daily on 3/6/2010 at 2:08:22am (server time) and have not been able to get it since. I have posted a bug report about this and am sure that a GM will respond to my problem quickly and fix the problem (cough) but in the meantime wondering if any of the community has had the same and found a workaround?

EDIT: It is actually 24h more than stated since I picked up the quest, which is when the timer starts I believe, making it almost 3 days since I was last offered the quest. Also have since spoken to a couple of mates here in Oz and they are having the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Either Calhoun has a daily PvP quest for you or you didnt complete daily quests given to you by Calhoun. Makza doesnt offer Into the Fray everyday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Thx for the feedback. Which quest has to be completed before being offered Into the Fray again? Defeat Klingon Heroes?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Hmm I did a fresh search on this and found that this bug has been reported by others. Don't know why my earlier search didn't reveal anything but here are some other threads with people having the same problem:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...he+Fray&page=2
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=Into+the+Fray
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=Into+the+Fray

Guess we will have to wait for a fix. In the meantime I'll certainly do some PVP so if the previous suggestion about there being some link between missions is correct then I'll post the result of that.

If there is a relationship then the bug is the lack of documentation, if not then pls fix the timer!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Oki, let me explain.

You can get max 5 Marks of Honor per day. Each day game system randomly chooses who will offer you daily quest for those - if Makza (Into the Fray) or Calhoun (he offers either Reclaim Neutral Zone (3 fights in Hostile Takeovers) or Pacify Klingon Heroes (3 fights in Hostile Engagements)). You cannot influence who will offer you a daily quest, as I said its completely random.

So Into the Fray will be offered to you in the future, but on random basis only, not everyday. You can still get 5 Marks per day, but each day there can be different quests. And even if you complete the quests from Calhoun that you now have, there is no guarantee that the next day you get Into the Fray - you can get the quests from Calhoun over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the clear and concise explanation. I've been poring through the forums trying to find exactly that information.. Very much appreciated.

EDIT: Interestingly, after the server reset tonight I can get Into the Fray. I still have both Pacify Klingon Heroes and Reclaim the Neutral Zone. Will test to see if I can complete more than one of them and get awarded points for both, perhaps the mechanism has changed.

EDIT2: After the reset I accepted into the Fray and did 1 PVP hostile engagement. Unfortunately the engagement didn't count toward the Pacify Klingon Heroes quest (I was on 2/3 already at this point from earlier engagments). So I dropped Into the Fray in case it was confused. Then I did another hostile engagement that also did not count. And now I cannot pick up Into the Fray again. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH Cryptic you frustrate the **** out of me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
At the Admiral level, the only pvp mission I've found that rewards Marks of Honor is into the fray, please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: After completing a small resource battle, I joined Solar Wind, checked my logs, and reclaim the neutral zone was available, offering 5 marks as a reward, maybe you have to join a resource battle or something to get the mission to pop up, I'm not sure.