Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Ya ok so it wasn't a patch on First Contact or Undiscovered Country....BUT....it was still better than that other IP's Episode 1.....bleugh
A little. I thought they were very similar movies. What I'm hoping is that it rekindled enough interest in ST to make another series... as long as it isn't Star Trek 90210, which is what I fear it would be.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Ya ok so it wasn't a patch on First Contact or Undiscovered Country....BUT....it was still better than that other IP's Episode 1.....bleugh

First Contact? Are you cerial? That was one of the worst Trek movies. It was bad enough to make Generations look good and Generation made STV look good by comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
A little. I thought they were very similar movies. What I'm hoping is that it rekindled enough interest in ST to make another series... as long as it isn't Star Trek 90210, which is what I fear it would be.
I wish they had done the ship better. The one from the recent movie, the nacelles remind me of a Pontiac from the 50's.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
I also fear this. Look what they did to StarGate.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
First Contact? Are you cerial? That was one of the worst Trek movies. It was bad enough to make Generations look good and Generation made STV look good by comparison.

It's the best out the TNG lot. Arguably more interesting than some of the original movies.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiv

It's the best out the TNG lot. Arguably more interesting than some of the original movies.

I must flog you with limp sausage now. :p

Actually First Contact was all wrong. They got Zephram Cochran all wrong. First he was from Alpha Centari not Earth. Second, first contact was with Alpha Centarians not Vulcans. This was established in TOS. First Contact was the movie that could have been good, but wasn't.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Erm? First Contact one of the worst???? Now I am really confused......so erm you thought Generations was better? Totally surprised at that.....thought you had more taste. Insurrection.....shoulda been an two part episode.....Nemesis.....actually I quite liked it. But Seriously? No likey First Contact?

Stunned is the word
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
I must flog you with limp sausage now. :p

Actually First Contact was all wrong. They got Zephram Cochran all wrong. First he was from Alpha Centari not Earth. Second, first contact was with Alpha Centarians not Vulcans. This was established in TOS. First Contact was the movie that could have been good, but wasn't.
Ya ok fair play BUT remove the mess ups with the continuity it was still an awesome movie.....
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 06:08 AM
For interesting Star Trek review of all the films from Generations and thereafter see the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo

Look on the list for the other movies. Enjoy!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 06:11 AM
FC was the best of the TNG bunch, but that's not saying much. I'd rather watch the motionless picture.