Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
FC was the best of the TNG bunch, but that's not saying much. I'd rather watch the motionless picture.
I love ST1.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Ya ok fair play BUT remove the mess ups with the continuity it was still an awesome movie.....

No, Generations sucked the balls off a dead monkey. The problem is, First Contact was the monkey. Ya, I agree Insurrection should have been a two parter. Nemesis was ok. The deal is it is hard to enjoy First Contact with the continuity screwed over like a 20 dollar prostitute at a truck stop, makes it hard to work with the rest. That why I said it was the movie that could have been good but wasn't

As far as Generation is concerned. It should be wrapped around Rick Berman's head and both dropped into a volcano.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
FC was the best of the TNG bunch, but that's not saying much. I'd rather watch the motionless picture.
I liked TMP. Well except the uniforms. Although, I wish they had those on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Granted, First Contact got a few things wrong but nowhere as many as the 2009-Star Trek got wrong.

Oscar for Best Makeup? Why?

I'm just glad the rather mediacro Avatar got only one (as far as I've seen) for something technical - which he deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I must flog you with limp sausage now. :p

Actually First Contact was all wrong. They got Zephram Cochran all wrong. First he was from Alpha Centari not Earth. Second, first contact was with Alpha Centarians not Vulcans. This was established in TOS. First Contact was the movie that could have been good, but wasn't.
ummm... actually, he was from earth, but yrs later moved to Alpha Cent.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I personally don't think we should reward films for their CGI.
I want models back in movies!
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
ummm... actually, he was from earth, but yrs later moved to Alpha Cent.

Not, not really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zefram_Cochrane

You will notice down towards the bottom that is was suggested that he was of Earth Origin because according to the suggestion from the Star Trek Chronology that Humans could not have colonized Alpha Centauri according to the time line.

However, it was used in the book Federation (Which is a damn, good book.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
THAT show was shenanigans... it was like they went "ok avatar, you soaked up all the money, but cause you did well there, we're gonna screw you out of oscar wins."
Cause its so much more technically challrnging to direct ppl that are in the actual location, rather than ppl that are in full MO-CAP suits in an entirely simulated environment, right? *disgust*
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-08-2010, 06:29 AM
congrats for winning the oscar, always nice for a sci-fi film to get recognised as they tend to get overlooked

my list from best to worst

first contact
star trek XI
wrath of khan
undiscovered country
The voyage home
generations
nemesis
insurrection
Search for spock
final frontier
the motion picture

I am more of a TNG man than TOS which is probably why i liked the new one so much. I know the original characters but not nearly as well as i do the tng cast so it did not bother me that it was new cast. if the new one had been a tng movie with a different cast then i might have hated it. thought it was all kinds of fun and exactly what i want from a star trek movie. i think the next one could be awesome.

i also really enjoyed the way they set it in an alternate reality so they can go in a different direction but the original timeline is untouched.

First contact is brilliant and i love it. TMP is dull so finds its self at the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Wrath, Undiscovered, Star Trek Reboot, First Contact and Nemesis, all for my money best at capturing the old school Trek feel

TNG and beyond watered down the fun and spirit of Roddenberry's trek. Your Honors I would like to present Exhibits A through D

Picard - Talks to much when he should be pointing a phaser, guess having a hole punctured through yoru heart by Naussicans will make anyone timid, and stop asking Troi for advice! She's just on the bridge to add "sex appeal" *shudders* and as a poorly designed plot device to give you otherwise impossible to explain insight into a situation. and Wesley? COME ON! no matter how many times you try and force me to pretend he is "awesome" he is by far one of the worst characters in ST history. Boy Genius Plot Device YAY

Sisko- thought he was showing up for a casting call for a Babylon 5 reboot, sorry the roll of John Sheridan was already taken

Janeway - made the borg sympathetic and..... relatable. Really? Do I want to understand the unstoppable nightmare of the alpha quadrant? I mean thats like havign Ripley sit down for peace talks with the Xenomorphs or Night of the Living Dead where the zombies head to a supermarket for beers and brats

Archer- please Al hurry up and figure out what Sam needs to do to quantum leap the hell off the bridge of a federation starship.

For your Enjoyment

top 100 Reasons why Kirk pwns Picard

and 100 more

100 More Reasons