Lt. Commander
# 1 Slow game response/Laggy game
03-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Right, so I bought the game on preorder and have been playing it since the 3rd with no problems aside from some minor graphics adjustments. However even with those, I was able to run the game on I guess you can call it medium (graphics wise) with no noticeable lag or slow down with the game even in the most busy of instances.

In the last week or so however, since the past couple of 'patches' the game is slow in responding and runs choppy yet I have changed nothing only patched at the beginning like everyone else. If I am in an instance with a planet and there are enemies to fight, they are moving across the screen in a very choppy pattern and if I use 'E' to throttle up my ships speed, there's a good half a second delay between when I press it and when it actually takes place in game. Suddenly, in order to make it playable I have to drop the resolution to half and it just looks horrendous.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 06:35 AM
One recommendation made by a dev in the recent past was the reset your video settings to default and then customize it again. This cleared up some issues on my side.