Lt. Commander
# 61
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
LOL. Content? Did you actually WATCH that trite piece of trash?

The ONLY reason it won was politics. Pure and simple. It was directed by a woman, and there was a lot of commentary about how a woman has never won in that situation, so those idiots voted for that awful piece of junk in order to get their names in the history books.

The Oscars haven't been about reality in years. This year was no different in that respect.
Thank God, someone who has brains and can think

The Hurt Locker had no story lol.

The Hurt Locker, proof that a majority are idiots...

"One of the most average films of the decade"
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Ya the hurt locker was full of crap, no one and i mean no one goes outside the wire and running down the streets of any city in iraq on their own.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
Who gives a rats @$$ about the Academy Awards anyway?
Its just the Hollywood Elite sucking and stroking each other off and making a show out of it.
Exactly. The people who go to the academy awards (and all film critics for that matter) are just a bunch of snobby intellectuals who like to look down there nose at those of us who don't understand their "art." Now, I'm not denying that The Hurt Locker was an interesting film (in places). It just wasn't as good as Avatar.

Avatar is like Eregon. It doesn't matter if the story is a little cliched. It doesn't matter if some of the lines look put on in writing. It does everything so well that you don't care. The story is still moving, despite it's cliche, and the lines come off very well in the film proper when backed by the appropriate action and score. It also left me with some interesting characters to analyze.

If the "intellectuals" don't get it, well, I really don't care. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that they intentionally choose films that aren't as good so they can be different and pretend that it makes them smarter. Kind of like all those stupid kids in High School who spend all their time looking for a unique style, even if that style is way dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
I'm no military expert, but i'm pretty sure that taking off your EOD suit before disarming an explosive devise is NOT regulation, much less actually safe
I remember that scene from HL and, with what was he was dealing with, the EOD suit he was wearing would have been useless if he did set off the 10-20 artillery shells that were in that car.