Lt. Commander
Too many times already I have picked up a BO skill only to be surprised by some aspect of it. For example I have a BO with Beam Target Subsystem Shields and Beam Overload III. Did you know they share a pretty significant cool down timer? I didn't. I suppose I should have inferred that since both skills affected beams they would share a global cool down, but I had no way of knowing how long.

Is there a site that lays out the powers and what they confict with or share cool downs with etc? I have seen some posts on what skills and consoles affect which skills as well. I'm really hoping someone (wishful thinking: Cryptic) has collected this all in one place?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandomuser View Post
Too many times already I have picked up a BO skill only to be surprised by some aspect of it. For example I have a BO with Beam Target Subsystem Shields and Beam Overload III. Did you know they share a pretty significant cool down timer? I didn't. I suppose I should have inferred that since both skills affected beams they would share a global cool down, but I had no way of knowing how long.

Is there a site that lays out the powers and what they confict with or share cool downs with etc? I have seen some posts on what skills and consoles affect which skills as well. I'm really hoping someone (wishful thinking: Cryptic) has collected this all in one place?
I would like to see a list as well. I know it sounds silly, but a simple list of all available powers and effect would be a nice start
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
As a general guideline, look at the description of the ability. Every ability I've seen lists a system that it uses (i.e. Beam Overload uses System: Beams, Torpedo: High Yield uses System: Torpedoes, etc.). All abilities that use the same system will share the 20 second global cooldown.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
Thanks for info!
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you Druuna! and to you KB4!