Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmak
Very comprehensive.
It's like how my friends got a new dog. When it relieves itself on the floor, my one friend will go, "ah, don't do that there" ... clean it up, give it a good talking to and then move on like it never happened.

The other friend will grab it by the neck and push it's face right up against the mistake and make it very clear that what was done is unacceptable and will not be forgotten.

You sir are the latter friend.
"Look at what you did Cryptic artist responsible for the Galaxy! Bad artist! This is unacceptable. Breath in the misplaced pylons and neck... smell that tacked on impulse engine. Do you see? Do you see what you did to the whole aft torpedo area? And those meshes, they do not line up right."

"but... it's um... a refit. A lot has changed in 30 years"

"Enough, OUTSIDE. NOW! You're an outdoor artist until you learn where to put your unfinished failed steaming art (not in the house)"

(Ok, I took that too far... but it was hard enduring the Galaxy in that state)

full of win <3
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 09:05 AM
"why do I fly like a rock in normal space, but in sector space I can drift like a Nissan 350z from Fast & Furious".

Quote of the day, brilliant.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
seriously i would donate my Enterprise - D Model from Bandai if it would help... (somebody got an adress?)

if it comes to the Galaxy Class i am a NERD...! Guilty as charged!

I am 100% ok with how they did the Miranda, Constitution (both of them), the Defiant and DS9... but the Galaxy is just looking like a Placeholder that was done in 15 Minutes... only to have one.

And if Cryptic has enough time to allready implement 2 new Ships then they can fix the ones that are allready there also without ignoring *more important* things.... is there anything more important then the effin ENTERPRISE in a Star Trek game? I dont think so.
All model changes can be explained in-story as is: It's been 40 years and redesigns are possible/inevitable (and yes, that is a valid excuse snarky comment earlier aside). Don't forget that what you're flying isn't the Enterprise-D. Considering that we can mix and match colors/parts so that our Galaxy looks different from someone else's Galaxy, who's to say that the design differences were just an old trend that they shifted out of?

Besides, saying that they're ignoring the problem assumes that they view it as one. The majority of the players wouldn't even notice the small nuances, so even if it was classified as a ticket, it's definitely going to be a very low priority one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I think it would be nice to have those things fixed, but that adds polygons that I think could better be used elsewhere. The drifting thing is funny and doesn't bother me, but I do find it humorous that in normal space I turn like a brick, but it sector space is can drift. Nude pics of BC ... sweet
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcsola2003
All model changes can be explained in-story as is: It's been 40 years and redesigns are possible/inevitable (and yes, that is a valid excuse snarky comment earlier aside). Don't forget that what you're flying isn't the Enterprise-D. Considering that we can mix and match colors/parts so that our Galaxy looks different from someone else's Galaxy, who's to say that the design differences were just an old trend that they shifted out of?

Besides, saying that they're ignoring the problem assumes that they view it as one. The majority of the players wouldn't even notice the small nuances, so even if it was classified as a ticket, it's definitely going to be a very low priority one.
All valid points. But if somethings worth doing its worth doing right?
Lt. Commander
# 16
Well then let's make it a priority one and keep this thread up there for everyone to see!

you seriously believe anybody would buy this game after seeing these pictures??? ...i would surely not!

and dont give me the "it's a new Design" - BullSh**! It's a GALAXY Class... end of line!

I only say with all those bugs they could do a new one from scratch and it probably wouldn't take any longer and many people would be happy about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkonis2102
I thought I was a nerd before I saw this thread.

Seriously there are more pressing issues than this. Now go look at your nudie beverly Crusher Collection.
I've come to the conclusion the devs really couldn't give a @#$% about making quality, there is just a vast amount of little details they could have done better. I think its safe to say that absolutely no love went into making this game.

No attention to details when making the models.

Why put weapon hard-points on a ship if all they are going to do is bind all your weapons to just one place?
I.E. a tier 5 BoP has 4 sets of weapons shown on the ship model - but lol they all fire from the same point.

Boff's with traits that say they are space ability, Nausicann's pirate, though its clearly a ground ability its listed as space. been that way since open beta and still not fixed. Boff's in general are just poorly done.

Ship movement in space - press both mouse buttons and go into reverse, instead of moving away from the target it just does a 180 and backs into the target like a stump broke cow.

Etc... Etc...Etc...

I know all they had was 2 years to develop,, but it feels more like they sat on they're collective butts for 20 months and threw this together just before release.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Well then let's make it a priority one and keep this thread up there for everyone to see!

you seriously believe anybody would buy this game after seeing these pictures??? ...i would surely not!

and dont give me the "it's a new Design" - BullSh**! It's a GALAXY Class... end of line!

I only say with all those bugs they could do a new one from scratch and it probably wouldn't take any longer and many people would be happy about it.
They wouldn't, if only because they'll go "Oh, it's one of THOSE ST games that only have the nerdiest anti-social bunch playing it". It's still a stereotype to this day, and this post pretty much would support that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainValentine View Post
All valid points. But if somethings worth doing its worth doing right?
I've always said before that catering to fans, gamers, sci-fi, whatever, is never a good thing as even if you get 99% of something right, you'll still have the hardcore base whining about how they missed that 1%. It's better to get more wrong and call it a stylistic choice rather than try to get it perfect, which contrary to popular belief, takes even obsessive fan community teams time to do themselves.

Either way, I won't be complaining if they decided to remodel the Galaxy. I just don't think that it's worth sending even one man away from doing something more productive.

Edit: And just a reminder, since even though the OP didn't have a problem with it, I know others will. Ship models can't have too much detail in them especially in an MMO as that'll just slow down the majority of player's systems. Even modern-ish computers would still have trouble running Bridge Commander if the player chose to install all the high-res textures and tried to simulate a Wolf 359 fight.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Cryptic please give this Picture to the Art Department-Guy(s) who made the Galaxy Class, thx

http://www.imagebanana.com/img/44nwk...alaxyClass.jpg

... i dont think that needs further explenation?

....oh and just for that one guy who allways comes into my threads to say that the link doesnt work
here is a mirror just for you:
http://s5b.directupload.net/images/100308/4fg6nq4z.jpg

Those issues don't show up on my screen when I play. Could be just your system isn't rendering it right and is skipping things. What you have highlighted in red is on both sides of the ship and looks perfectly balanced. I run the game max everything full up (got twin GeForce 260 GTX's) and it runs smooth and clean.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
If you want to talk accuracy, the ship shouldn't be allowed to be called 'Primal Fear.'