Lt. Commander
I strongly feel that Deep Space Nine should be a kind of hub for players, even if they are too young or too old to get missions in that sector.

The development team did an EXCELLENT job recreating the promenade and OPS. I am constantly using Deep Space Nine to show off STO to my friends and potential players. The details are extraordinary!

However, that being said, there are still many things missing and many things in need of expansion.

Here are some of my suggestions:

*You should be able to gamble at Quark's (play Dabo and Tongo for credits and latinum)

*You should be able to play darts with your friends at Quark's

*ALL the waiters at Quark's should be Ferengi.

*There should be stools surrounding the bar, and these stools should be interactable objects that let you perfectly SIT on them.

*The drinks bought at Quark's should appear in your hand as a held item. I want to be slumped at the bar with a mug of ale or kanar, and I want others to see this. When I drink, they should see the drink in my hands too.

*The holosuites are missing from the third floor. Add holosuites with pristine settings and erotic adventures. I suppose we could also fight at the Alamo.

*There are no dabo girls! We need at least one sexy Bajoran dabo girl, and maybe also one weird alien in a low-cut dress working the tables. Come on!

*I know it has been said before, but please figure out how to get the rights to Morn at the bar. I understand why Quark can't be there...but Morn? Come on! I want to buy him a drink.

*The Captain's Office is missing from OPS! Please open this up, and maybe as a tribute to Sisko...leave his baseball on the desk.

*OPS, in general, needs more Bajoran officers. When I go up there I find random officers are often Bolian, or Vulcan, but they really need to be locked as Bajorans.

*The security office is missing from the promenade. This, as well as the back-room brig should be added. Perhaps Odo's bucket has been left in the corner as a kind of tribute...

*The infirmary is missing from the promenade.

*The ORB in the Bajoran Temple should be an interactable object...and it should give us a quick, surreal vision (filled with our bridge officers, and Sulu) when touched.

*Please swap Deep Space Nine's VULCAN tailor with Earth Starbase's CARDASSIAN tailor. If there's going to be a Cardassian tailor, he needs to be on Deep Space Nine.

What else do you think Deep Space Nine still needs? Post your suggestions in this thread!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Me and my cat need wings so we can fly and have more fun in the air...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I disagree with this mono-dimensional post. There are other more important features that need to be implemented.

A space station is the least of a bored gamer's problems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 12:39 AM
No, I think he/she is right. And I don't believe it is meant that DS9 needs to be enhanced right now. Of course there are more important things to do.

But I think that DS9 would work very very well as a social hub - moreso than Starbase 1.
And once the wormhole opens, DS9 will again become much more important.

One important factor to become a hub in any sense would be, to allow Transwarping to DS9. When you are out there and want to quickly "go home" you can only transwarp to Starbase 1 - a second option should be available.
Maybe activate the skill as soon as you set foot on DS9 for the first time?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
No, I think he/she is right. And I don't believe it is meant that DS9 needs to be enhanced right now. Of course there are more important things to do.

But I think that DS9 would work very very well as a social hub - moreso than Starbase 1.
And once the wormhole opens, DS9 will again become much more important.

One important factor to become a hub in any sense would be, to allow Transwarping to DS9. When you are out there and want to quickly "go home" you can only transwarp to Starbase 1 - a second option should be available.
Maybe activate the skill as soon as you set foot on DS9 for the first time?
I like this idea. In fact, transwarping should be a more important function in STO. Right now it only goes to Earth when used from the powerbar, why not other locations? I have a feeling we will be seeing more transwarp portals in the near future unlocking new areas, but using it as a quick travel would be great too. Cryptic wouldn't have to change the cooldown time, just add additional locations.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 02:38 AM
All stated in the first posting, the transwarp, and a cargo bay (with transporters as entrance to possible mirror universe missions).

Quark's Bar also needs some sort of local settings, so not everything from the first to third floor clutters up the chat. Especially for roleplay, that's in high demand.

Most of all, DS9 needs Morn!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Great ideas! I fully support making Deep SPace Nine a player gathering spot! Would love to play darts against friends at Quark's! Who wouldn't?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I think these are all great ideas. I hope the devs have a look.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
in path to 2409 it said that quarks became quark's bar, Ferengi embassy and souvenir shop sofar all we've seen is the bar wheres the Ferengi ambasidors trying to sell me a peace of a moon, where are the completely useless nick nacks for sale
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
How about they re-scale the "ground" environment so our characters don't look like children walking through the halls of giants.

Then start with other aspects.