Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphane
1.Make travel faster, it would be more exciting to have more of a rollercoaster ride effect rather than the slow drift we get.
You do know that sector space travel is already far to quick to even be in the realm of realistic, right?

Otherwise, spot on ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
You do know that sector space travel is already far to quick to even be in the realm of realistic, right?

Otherwise, spot on ideas.
I'd be in support of increasing travel times if those times could be spent chilling out on our ships.

I like the idea of space being big, and travel from Earth to Deep Space Nine not being a two minute trek.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Sector space should be thrown out entirely.

Travel between systems and sectors should all be done from the bridge.

You beam to your bridge, set your destination, and "Engage!" The viewscreen shows a starfield moving at warp, and you are now free to move about the ship. Travel time remains the same.
I am all in favor of this! Yes, please!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
We need to be able to travel it from the bridge. Barring them adding that ability, they should just shut down the servers and admit they suck.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
I like the idea of space being big, and travel from Earth to Deep Space Nine not being a two minute trek.
This would certainly make being assigned to a new "front" a really big deal. Yeah, I like it.

Dr. S.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor-Sinister View Post
This would certainly make being assigned to a new "front" a really big deal. Yeah, I like it.

Dr. S.
Yeah, I like the idea of longer travel times as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Foodie
Yeah, I like the idea of longer travel times as well.
Ok fine give me longer travel times, just let me autopilot through sectors!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I like the idea of optional point and click navigation from the bridge (in sector space anyway.) I'd also like for the "augmented reality" grid and HUD stuff to be able to be turned on and off from the same location.

These are wishlist items for me though, I don't really feel that strongly about them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Sector space should be thrown out entirely.

Travel between systems and sectors should all be done from the bridge.

You beam to your bridge, set your destination, and "Engage!" The viewscreen shows a starfield moving at warp, and you are now free to move about the ship. Travel time remains the same.
Actually, thinking about it, I totally agree with this. There's no need for sector space, besides enemy signal contacts. Which are INCREDIBLY ANNOYING btw.

Enemy signal contacts should be OPTIONAL. Not something you are thrown into, and then just warp out off. Forcing loading screens on players is not fun. Just put them on the map, and we'll go to them when we need too.

That aside, Id much rather travel around in my bridge. In fact, it would even eliminate the need for loading screens. between sectors, if all the game has to do is change a simple map. It doesnt even have to zone anything.

It would feel more authentic, and it would feel more trek. They should have just done this in the first place. Sector space is useless.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Do away with sector space and replace it with an interactive 3d galactic map. Then allow us to choose the speed at which we travel.

Distances could be slightly inreased and travel times could be calculated by default initially at warp 10 (9.97 w/e) ..times would then increase depending on how much slower we choose to travel.