Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL,everything is running fine except STO.....(give us EU based dedicated servers).
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffedfigs View Post
For UK Virgin Media customers:

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Maybe another effect from what is going on. If they know, i'm sure it will get sorted.
not having issues anywhere else though, WoW works fine (steady 60fps and in dalaran).

Lotro works fine.

msn works fine. yahoo works fine. Download speed is great.

Cryptic is trying to pass the buck, i for one don't think our regional isps are to blame, there was a guy from germany in the other thread who was having the same issues. come on Cryptic. pretty sure it's you.

now i'll ask again "are you sure?" ....
Lt. Commander
# 23
So basically the internet is broken , but this breaking only effects people trying to connect to cryptics STO server ?
Trying to connect to anywhere else in the world with the internet works just like always but just not to you guys ?

So why can i download the first 10% of your patch but no more ? Is the break up of the internet linked specifically to the 11% of the STO patch ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't think there is connectivity propblem or isp problem or cryptyc fault i simply think that the tribbles have eaten all servers ihihih
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
seriusly now i can patch just around 10% and after i have no more progress it not seems an isp problem
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RAGE_ View Post
LOL,everything is running fine except STO.....(give us EU based dedicated servers).
I second this proposal.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2010, 01:02 PM
The problem is either in Internap i.e. immediate transit with Cryptic or a transit connected with Internap. And the problem only seems to be on one border out of many and that's why most customers are unaffected. But for those customers that are affected Cryptic should be asking Internap to get on the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Got the same issues as everyone else, and I have just downloaded FM2010 from steam in about 7 mins, and am getting 19.5mb/s on speedtest.net, there seems to be very little wrong with my actual broadband connection, also I have noticed that both ADSL and Cable users have problems, surely both systems cant be wired into one socket somewhere in the world?
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
For UK Virgin Media customers:

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Maybe another effect from what is going on. If they know, i'm sure it will get sorted.
I think that is just for people using the Virgin email service which would mean it's internal. Also it started in february and this only happened today.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
For those of you who dont know how internet routing works..

You at home or college or where ever you are connect to you residential ISP.

In turn this ISP routes data to others ISP's who deal with international routing. Their are thousands of possible routes for data to go via, and we have to wait for the routing protocols to update, be it RIP or OSPF or which ever that ISP is using.

This is why some people on the same ISP can connect while others cant.

I for one on Virgin media can't connect to many services in the USA including Cryptic and Blizzard services.

So unfortunatly this is a wait-and-see time for all of us.
Closed Thread