Lt. Commander
# 1 The Klingon Side of the Game
03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Very simple question to Atari/Cryptic/Roper. When are you going to finish the Klingon side of the game. There is virtually no PvE. I mean you can not even use an away team. Maybe Bill Roper forgot everything he learned at Blizzard or maybe he did not learn anything and that is why he is in the middle of sinking on his second flag ship! I mean c'mon guys WTF finish the game before you ask me to buy it. I swear at this point I would not buy gold at $10/ounce if Bill Roper was mining, smelting, or selling it. IMHO Bill Roper has no business in the gaming business. I now call him Mr Incomplete Instance Head.

BTW I will bump this every 24 hours or until a Dev answers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 12:53 PM
the 45 day patch next Wednesday is supposed to have more Klingon content
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDozer
Very simple question to Atari/Cryptic/Roper. When are you going to finish the Klingon side of the game. There is virtually no PvE. I mean you can not even use an away team. Maybe Bill Roper forgot everything he learned at Blizzard or maybe he did not learn anything and that is why he is in the middle of sinking on his second flag ship! I mean c'mon guys WTF finish the game before you ask me to buy it. I swear at this point I would not buy gold at $10/ounce if Bill Roper was mining, smelting, or selling it. IMHO Bill Roper has no business in the gaming business. I now call him Mr Incomplete Instance Head.

Umm Roper is over on Champions Online. We got Executive Producer Craig "Zinc" Zinkievich.

Check out http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008 to see what's coming in soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't count on lots of PvE content for Klingons in the 45 day patch, not even to the level that the Federation has. I think we'll get a few "Explore the <whatever> Nebula/Cluster/Expanse" missions (which is a given due to the new areas around Omega Leonis, maybe some additional PvP missions and another STF. I doubt there'll be loads.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
My understanding was that Klingons are 99% PvP and that was a design decision before that race was even released. I would have to say that Klingons not having PvE was working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessOne View Post
My understanding was that Klingons are 99% PvP and that was a design decision before that race was even released. I would have to say that Klingons not having PvE was working as intended.
"Eventually you will be able to play a Klingon character to General with PvE alone."

From Ask Cryptic: Klingons Round 3 There's a big link on the front STO page.

It's not a question of if, but when. Hopefully there'll be some Klingon-specific patrol missions soon. Raidisodes that 'allow Klingons to participate' won't cut it forever.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
THERES A KLINGON SIDE?!?!?!?!?111111oneoneoneone......
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:

Grow up, you lose any credit when you start doing things like that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Because demands always work! ob

But, sometime back in beta, they posted a poll for the people currently playing: Either have Klingons available after release with a fair amount of content... or release them at launch with minimal content. Most people chose the latter, and that's what they went with.

A possible sign of an Unpleasable Fanbase is a Catch-22: if they complain about one thing, and the people behind the franchise listen and fix it, only to have other parts of the fanbase complain about the change. This is because, in extremely large fandoms, different portions of the fandom complain about distinctly different things, so that any change will inevitably anger someone.

Thank you for your contribution. o7
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
the 45 day patch next Wednesday is supposed to have more Klingon content
looking at the latest "ask cryptic" i'm starting to doubt it.

i know ALOT of questions were submitted that wanted to know more but they didn't answer a single one of the important ones other then that "eventually klingons can level to general from pve only"....

the more i look around the more i suspect that this "45 day content patch" will be more a character customization patch then an actual content patch...

i hope to god i'm wrong..