Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This forum is for STO debates am I correct? I see many threads raging about the apparent "hate" regarding STO and the "Trolls" that complain.

Now, I myself have been very vocal regarding the failiure of STO and Cryptics misguided or badly thought out strategy, whether it be cash driven or not is a moot point. The fans of the IP (myself included) for the most part cannot understand WHY STO has turned out as it has. With all the material and interviews that were put out pre-launch and even during open beta, we could not wait to get our collective hands on this peach of a game. UNTIL we actually DID get our hands on it.

STO is missing so many features and content that the dev team and Zinc stated it would contain that the list is too long and I wont bore people with it (anyone who knows the history from pre-OB until now knows anyway). Is it any wonder that people are fed up? Feel like they have been ripped off? I can guarantee that IF anyone bought a product from a store that was so badly manufactured and mis-labelled, it would be going right back for a refund and you would be telling everyuone you knew NOT to buy it.

That being said, I have given Cryptic a fair crack of the whip, played the game2 fed toons to RA and a Klingon to Cpt, and I can tell you this game IS shallow AND seriously lacks any depth beyond the pew-pew that we all know and have done so much of. Couple that with the apparent blindness of Cryptic who even do not acknowledge their mistakes and you have where we are now.

I am not quitting but HAVE cancelled and I would just like to know, those of you that defend this behaviour from a software developer, do you think it benefits the comunity to bash and flame those who are not happy> instead of asking WHY are these players unhappy with STO? Granted there ARE players who just moan for moans sake, but they are in the minority and we all know who they are.


I personally feel let down by Crpytic/Atari and will not be giving them any more of my hard-earned cash, and by the looks of it lots of other people feel the same way too.



Discuss?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
In the long run this just seems to be another I Quit thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Not at all, I ask valid questions and said I am NOT quitting so quite the opposite.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I am loving STO and am a proud supporter of the game... Hate me if you want but I am having fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, we KNOW why they're unhappy. They, like you, say the same damned thing almost every time they post. However, we are able to look past those issues and actually enjoy the game. WE get flamed because we aren't as angry about such issues as you, and we are able to enjoy it. When we are asked why we enjoy it, and we say we enjoy it for <insert random reason here> WE get flamed because THEY don't agree with that assessment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Not at all, I ask valid questions and said I am NOT quitting so quite the opposite.
"I am not quitting but HAVE cancelled" would seem to imply that you are quitting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee-Bhor View Post
I am not quitting but HAVE cancelled and I would just like to know
That's not change I can believe in
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
That's not change I can believe in
Can you spare some Hope and Change?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In the long run this just seems to be another I Quit thread.
Nice catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee-Bhor View Post
I personally feel let down by Crpytic/Atari and will not be giving them any more of my hard-earned cash, and by the looks of it lots of other people feel the same way too.
BAM. Quit post in faux concern over negativity's clothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Well, we KNOW why they're unhappy. They, like you, say the same damned thing almost every time they post. However, we are able to look past those issues and actually enjoy the game. WE get flamed because we aren't as angry about such issues as you, and we are able to enjoy it. When we are asked why we enjoy it, and we say we enjoy it for <insert random reason here> WE get flamed because THEY don't agree with that assessment.
Im not angry, and you still failed to answer the question I raised. Mate, why dont you apply for a job as a mod because you obviosly feel (however misguided) that you are . Its replies like this AND blind attitudes like this that are the downfall of many communities. To like a product, I can understand but to blindly flame anyone who raises questions and debate only reflects on you and makes you look like a fanboi/derailer. SO, either get a position as a mod or reply to the question OR just dont post at all.


THIS is just the behaviour I was reffering to and I am so happy you decided to demonstrate for us
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.