Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Well, we KNOW why they're unhappy. They, like you, say the same damned thing almost every time they post. However, we are able to look past those issues and actually enjoy the game. WE get flamed because we aren't as angry about such issues as you, and we are able to enjoy it. When we are asked why we enjoy it, and we say we enjoy it for <insert random reason here> WE get flamed because THEY don't agree with that assessment.
What would you consider the first responce to this thread? Or any of the others that posted 'I Quit' threads (before they started deleting them) that had legitimate concerncs/reasons as to their dislike?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Pot calling the kettle black.


Also there would not be so much negativity here if all the haters would just quit posting.
They even made their own forums, so they could do so without fear of reprisal, yet they're still here, just saying the same thing over and over, and they wonder why we don't want them here.

I wonder how they got the idea that they're the only ones "contributing," when they're doing the exact same thing that people do on the WoW forums, and people leave WoW all the time solely because of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Ok, here it is. We're all sitting in the same restaurant eating and for whatever reason, you are now angry at the food and what you claim to be poor service from the kitchen staff. You have a confrontation with the waiter, then the manager. However, they seem to be unbale or unwilling to satisfy your complaint. Sadly, you've allready eaten everything on your plate and the restaurant doesn't want to refund your money. The situation is now at an impasse. At this point one generally leaves the place and just doen't eat there anymore. Instead, the agreived customer of the eatery drags Jane Fonda, Gloria Alread and Al Sharpton to the front of the restaurant to complain and obstruct business until the issue is handled to thier satisfaction. All the while this scene is going on, I like the food, the waitress is cute and I'M TRYING TO EAT!



I GET IT...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexks View Post
What would you consider the first responce to this thread? Or any of the others that posted 'I Quit' threads (before they started deleting them) that had legitimate concerncs/reasons as to their dislike?
Again, the stated reasons are all posted over and over again. We get it. There's a lack of content. You don't like the skill cap. You want ship interiors. There's a lot of combat. The Klingons don't have meaningful PvP. This **** won't just magically appear if you whine long enough.

A lot of these issues - hell, all but the skill cap - are being addressed, either right now, or in the near future. Whining on the forums won't make that happen any faster, so all this thread, and the countless "I Quit" threads are doing is crying for attention.

If they actually wanted to make a difference, they'd post ideas, instead of "this game sux!" They would post these ideas without "if you don't do this, this game will fail!" They should also be open to the idea being criticized without resorting to "noob!" "troll" "fanboy!" or "carebear!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
What would you consider the first responce to this thread? Or any of the others that posted 'I Quit' threads (before they started deleting them) that had legitimate concerncs/reasons as to their dislike?
I Quit threads are not allowed. There are hundreds of issues threads around here where things get discussed - though they do get flamy at times. Two different things entirely as this is just a thread of someone saything they quit and wanting to debate some of the reasons why before going.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
It's an MMO. They all have issues at launch, some more than others. Everyone has a choice though, either pay and play or quit and not. You're never forced to buy a game just as you're not forced to pay the sub if you don't want to keep subscribing. There were and are plenty of opportunities to check out the game before buying it and anyone who bought it and is disappointed could have researched it ahead of time.

Some say "I paid $80 for the CE and I feel ripped off because the game isn't what I thought it would be" but once again it's the end user's fault for not doing their research ahead of time. People complain about the lack of Klingon content when there were plenty of previews that pointed that out ahead of time that Klingons seemed like an afterthought.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
I'M TRYING TO EAT!
If you were trying to eat, you would be in game scarfing down all that fantastic content instead of trying to convince your dinner guests that gruel is really 5 star fare.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Again, the stated reasons are all posted over and over again. We get it. There's a lack of content. You don't like the skill cap. You want ship interiors. There's a lot of combat. The Klingons don't have meaningful PvP. This **** won't just magically appear if you whine long enough.

A lot of these issues - hell, all but the skill cap - are being addressed, either right now, or in the near future. Whining on the forums won't make that happen any faster, so all this thread, and the countless "I Quit" threads are doing is crying for attention.

If they actually wanted to make a difference, they'd post ideas, instead of "this game sux!" They would post these ideas without "if you don't do this, this game will fail!" They should also be open to the idea being criticized without resorting to "noob!" "troll" "fanboy!" or "carebear!"
You do realize, of course, that everytime you reply to a thread such as this one you are moving it to the top of the list? Thus making it all the more visible to everyone here. So if you don't like the negative posts, why bother?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
It's an MMO. They all have issues at launch, some more than others. Everyone has a choice though, either pay and play or quit and not. You're never forced to buy a game just as you're not forced to pay the sub if you don't want to keep subscribing. There were and are plenty of opportunities to check out the game before buying it and anyone who bought it and is disappointed could have researched it ahead of time.

Some say "I paid $80 for the CE and I feel ripped off because the game isn't what I thought it would be" but once again it's the end user's fault for not doing their research ahead of time. People complain about the lack of Klingon content when there were plenty of previews that pointed that out ahead of time that Klingons seemed like an afterthought.
I said this very same thing a month ago, and you know what someone replied? "You really research what you buy?"

It was said as though I was an idiot for researching what I spend my money on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroma_BaSyl View Post
If you were trying to eat, you would be in game scarfing down all that fantastic content instead of trying to convince your dinner guests that gruel is really 5 star fare.
Yeah, right... Crossing into Iota Pavonis right now "Jane". Tis the beauty of a 3 monitor setup.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 AM.