Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonias View Post
Seems strange if its a European ISP issue. I'm in the UK and the only things I'm having trouble with are the STO launcher hanging on 'Patch' and the STO forums taking ages to do anything lol. Everything else is running fine and dandy :p
Exactly the same situation here.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
@XSkudderX Tried, but it didnt work
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
LoL 22 min and its downloaded 1878kb OMG its like being on AOL dial up all over again lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweilo View Post
Before everyone jumps on Cryptic for this, we've been running through some diagnostic work on some other pages, and Internap are looking like the bad guys here.

Traffic to and from the US - EU, and EU - EU (seems to be EU traffic routes through London) passing over Internap's backbone, is currently screwed. The minute you take a different route (using a VPN, for example) that avoids Internap, everything runs just fine.
i have to agree, many websites react strange every now and then... somtimes no respond and seconds later no problem. somtimes no content, somtimes no reaction when pressing a button... i thought the whole day long this is a bigger isp-problem.... somewhere "in the middle".... and if its not only in europe, so what? the ways of the internet are unknown

greets
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xskudderx View Post
For all those "european" players who have conection Issues, i just encountered the issue as i had logged on some minutes before, i switched the Proxy in the Client Launcher to "none" and i have no issues anymore

I suggest u to do the same
Mine has always been set to none, it makes zero difference.
Whatever the cause this is affecting STO, CO and thier websites, it does not however affect any other online game, mmo or websites I use or visit.. whatever.wherever the issue it is pretty much limited to just anything that has something to do with Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I'm in the Far Northern USA aka Canada, and same problem all afternoon. US proxy server or no proxy server, both borked. So, European issue, riiiiight.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
any chance of knowing if and when this will be sorted out
Lt. Commander
# 18 net probs
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi all.. just to say I have tried three independent Broadband checkers, none of which have anything to do with cryptic, and the best I get across europe is approx 1/2 meg, and to the USA cant even get the latency ping... so there is a problem, and it isn't Cryptics fault.
If this doesn't fit with popular conspiracy theory then I am sorry lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
On the assumption that it is indeed Internap at fault, I've dropped an email to their Network Operations Centre (NOC) for an update. If anybody else fancies doing the same, the email address is NOC@internap.com
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
@smiling. i have no issues connecting through europe or the states except the cryptic websites and sto. Though my connection does go through manchester not london.