Lt. Commander
# 191 Unable to Authenticate
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm getting this message now in Fairfax, Virginia.
Lt. Commander
# 192
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm also getting "unable to Authenticate" After closing/reopening STO. And I live in Florida. Haven't had any problems until last night/this morning at around 1am Eastern Standard time.
Lt. Commander
# 193 lifetime sub but cant play
03-11-2010, 02:57 PM
so far this week due some connectivity issues in europe that affected no other game except this one. I couldnt play online. Now settling down try play this game that i have a lifetime sub for i get the great message unable to authenticate. So i have a wonderfull lifetime sub account which is good as it will probally take me that long to get past lt commander. when i did get online the game crashed time after time. Strangley every other game or anything else ive tried this week on pc has worked fine.
not a happy customer but what does anyone care they have my money

oh forgot when i did get the game working i did notice THAT THE GOLD SPAMMERS DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING ONLINE
Lt. Commander
# 194 Human Beings
And, of course, no one that reads these forums have ever made a mistake, or even a series of mistakes. Every one of us, EVERY ONE, balances our checkbook without ever having to make an adjustment. Our taxes are perfect, our car maintenance record is spotless, we have never had an accident, our children have never been blamed for something we did, we never did anything to upset our parents.... gee whiz, why can Cryptic be like we were, perfect in every way?

Get over yourself. It is the internet. Heck, the biggest games around still have down time that is not planned after how many years? Patience is a Virtue. It is the responsibility of all right thinking people to be Virtuous. Join the crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 195
Note to self : Unsubscribe asap
Lt. Commander
# 196
03-11-2010, 02:58 PM
same problem here.........
Lt. Commander
# 197
I'm with Comcast out of the Twin Cities, MN, and am getting the "unable to authenticate" when attempting to log into the launchpad.
Lt. Commander
# 198
Lots of lag, kicked off repeatedly - now 'unable to authenticate'. Given the maintenance statement I respectfully suggest that somebody at Cryptic needs to get a better grip on undertsanding the architecture, because it is beginning to look rather like you don't know which parts affect the others.

Please spend some time sorting out the hardware guys, whilst I'd like to carry on playing the game all the respecs etc (insert usual list of wants here) in creation aren't going to compensate for dreadful lag and being dumped from the program at random.

Edit - as I see above... Northern Scotland, Virgin Internet... Until now I hadn't realised Minnesota was in the EU, well well well.... :-)
Lt. Commander
# 199
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenovia View Post
Same issue here, seems maybe login server died a horrible death.

Lots of lag today, kept getting the same old "Server has stopped responding" and boot out of the game. Ironically the boot out screen says to hit the support button (which redirects you to the forums). When I did that, the forums were down
I was getting what seemed like 1FPS from the lag, so I rebooted. STO sure didn't like that! Now I can't even get in.

And quite frankly--
Being told to go get lost in the forums really ticks me off when I genuinely would like some help from the "manufacturer" of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 200
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Unable to authenticate...

Does this mean that yet again, a game, ill conceived and CHARGING people for the privilege of playing, is YET AGAIN broken ????

And to think this lot want some money from us on a monthly basis for this kind of BS....

Well, I think my subscription will be cancelled BEFORE it starts and I will look in about 3 months down the line, and see if things have improved by then.

Am just SO GLAD I did not buy this game with the lifetime subscription option... Phewwww!