Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Since hitting the rank of Captain One I have been experiencing an issue where I sometimes get one hit killed by mobs. I get hit for 30,000+ damage which is more than my shields and hull combined with the best gear available to me (all Mark VIII greens and blues). I am not doing missions above my level and the problem has gotten worse the higher the level I am. Now as a Captain Nine it happens in every space encounter I participate in and make s completing any missions impossible.

The last missions I tried were to explore "The Rolar Nebula" and the "The Long Night" mission which is a Captain Rank 5 mission, I should not be getting one hit killed in those places as a Captain Nine. At this point I can no longer progress through the game because I cannot complete most any mission. If it's not fixed soon I will go back to WoW I guess since my annoyance level with the broken nature of this game is at about it's breaking point.

This has only happened since I started questing in the Cardasian sector other than that I cannot offer much for specifics. One minute I will be doing well in battle the next some huge red number will appear over my ship (some where between 23k to 35k damage) and I will have been "Defeated" and need to re-spawn. I go back try again and same result over and over. I can have full hull and shields or not again it doesn't matter (I have a science ship with 7999 shields even).

This has to be a bug since I don't even think Admirals can take that much damage in one hit and survive, please fix it. Oh and you could some how make up for all my wasted time...

Edit: Thank you for the quick response, I don't use macros at all and I hate that the self destruct button keeps reappearing on my action bars every time I join the game, I keep moving it off because I don't want to accidentally hit it. For some reason though Cryptic insists that it be there when I log in, why? To me that's like insisting I walk around with a hair trigger gun to my head just hoping I don't bump it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't speak out of experience, but I believe I read something similar on the forums already. As far as I remember it turned out that the player was using macros and somehow the special ability Abandon Ship (that destroys your ship immediately in a big explosion) was automatically put on a button the macro used.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Bump
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Just /bumping back to top after a response that didn't help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah I had this problem at lt.com. but thamkfully it went away by it self I never did get a response about it but I did try switching around bridge crew and powers and the like.seemed to help slightly but not much.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Could you post a combat log, just so that we can see exactly what happens? I'm not sure if it'll tell us anything new, but it's worth a shot. Also, you could try copying your character over to Tribble (test server), see if it still happens there. If not, it may be due to a known bug (which, in theory, should soon be fixed on the main server).
Lt. Commander
# 6 Response
03-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you for the advice. How does one post a combat log?

Also I noticed that the "Abandon Ship" ability adds it's self to my action bars every time I zone in anywhere and over writes the ability I had there. I do not want that on my action bar. Cryptic why do you insist that I have "Abandon Ship" on my action bar?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Type "/combatlog 1" into the chat window (without the quotes, and preferably before engaging enemies). Info will be logged to disk, stored in a file:
Quote:
%installation_directory%\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient\Combatlog.log
Where exactly the install directory is will depend on your operating system. You can use the Combat Log Parser to have a look yourself, and then attach the file to a post here so that others can have a poke around.
EDIT: As for the ability bar 'resetting', it appears to be a 'helpful feature' which is more often seen as an irritating bug. Hopefully they'll give us the option to turn it off in the next update!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 08:49 AM
You need to look at the level of the ship attacking you. There has been an issue where +40 level or +34 level ships have been spawned into T1 and T2 expanses. You will die very quickly. I have not been killed by ships similar in level to me.

So don't fly up to any ole mob in a nebula or expanse without looking at the ship levels.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
You need to look at the level of the ship attacking you. There has been an issue where +40 level or +34 level ships have been spawned into T1 and T2 expanses. You will die very quickly. I have not been killed by ships similar in level to me.

So don't fly up to any ole mob in a nebula or expanse without looking at the ship levels.
Yes, I've had this happen in a random Klingon event near the Sol system. I was Lt. Commander 1, warped in and was taken out in like four shots by a single ship. The game respawned me right next to the same ship. Again I was taken out within four hits (half shields, half shields, half hull, half hull, dead).

I didn't look at the level of the ship, because I warped out the system after dying the second time. It never happened to me again. I thought it was just a bug with my shields/hull.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn
Yes, I've had this happen in a random Klingon event near the Sol system.
<snip>
I thought it was just a bug with my shields/hull.
It's not a bug, it happens when a high-level player (e.g. an Admiral) creates an instance of the DSE (not that the ships should react to players too high above their level....). All the NPC ships are leveled to match (so they'll be ~lv40). Said player then leaves, leaving the anomalous instance behind for unsuspecting players to stumble into.

The first time it happened to me I thought it was a bug too (I didn't expect to be nuked in three shots by a BoP), it was only when I started poking around that I found the true cause. Needless to say, this needs to be altered.

However, back on topic, this has nothing to do with the OP's problem, as he said that his problems were related to story missions, which do not have dynamic levelling problems (AFAIK).