Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-11-2010, 01:11 PM
It looks like we have the information needed for those interior maps that use the same kit pieces as Eleriel's pictures. That is, the ones that look like Memory Alpha.

Now, for maps that are excessively bright and use different kit pieces, it would be very helpful to have ticket numbers and image links, if you're so inclined. The ticket numbers will allow us to quickly identify the affected map and which kit pieces are being used.

Thanks everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I know I've run across zxome maps that seem completely white. Which is odd concisering the mission description is for an abandoned or derilict outpost. I always thought it was a room that didn't have textures applied or something.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Would this be a bad place to mention the underground cave maps that have large dark areas? I'm talking about impenetrably dark areas that you have to walk into to see any textures at all. Which often include enemy troops.

I will try to grab screen shots when I next encounter same.

Edit: Seems that I have one...

Dark

Not much detail, I know. I'll bug and screencap it if it happens again.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichVR View Post
Would this be a bad place to mention the underground cave maps that have large dark areas? I'm talking about impenetrably dark areas that you have to walk into to see any textures at all. Which often include enemy troops.

I will try to grab screen shots when I next encounter same.

Edit: Seems that I have one...

Dark

Not much detail, I know. I'll bug and screencap it if it happens again.
Funny story, I've actually tried following up on those particular cave maps. What was strange was that I went to the map, went to that spot, and the lighting looked totally fine. I'm not sure what's up with the cave thing, but it's not the map itself as far as I can tell.

Edit: Ah, what you are seeing there is something actually unrelated to lighting. It's referred to as occlusion, and it's always reproducible if you go to the right spot. If you see this on a map, try moving sideways a few feet, to see if things suddenly appear again.

Edit #2: Also, submitting a Bug Report on this is very helpful. We like to be able to track down occlusion and fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Funny story, I've actually tried following up on those particular cave maps. What was strange was that I went to the map, went to that spot, and the lighting looked totally fine. I'm not sure what's up with the cave thing, but it's not the map itself as far as I can tell.

Edit: Ah, what you are seeing there is something actually unrelated to lighting. It's referred to as occlusion, and it's always reproducible if you go to the right spot. If you see this on a map, try moving sideways a few feet, to see if things suddenly appear again.

Edit #2: Also, submitting a Bug Report on this is very helpful. We like to be able to track down occlusion and fix it.
i've reported this bug aswell as the lighting bug on the "facility" type maps NUMEROUS times... still yet to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I agree that the Memory Alpha type textures/maps are too bright in general. However...

The sand planets look fine on my screen.

I suspect this issue is related to the bloom settings. Try turning bloom off - it'll map your whites (and near-whites) significantly less blinding
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:

I have one, ticket #733822.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:

Glad I could help. Next time it happens I'll bug it from the spot. I assume that will give you more data. And I'll take more screenshots from different angles while moving, etc.

Edit: As well, I'll post my video card info and a DirectX dump if that will help. Driver data, that kind of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichVR View Post
Glad I could help. Next time it happens I'll bug it from the spot. I assume that will give you more data. And I'll take more screenshots from different angles while moving, etc.

Edit: As well, I'll post my video card info and a DirectX dump if that will help. Driver data, that kind of thing.
Actually, all we would need would be the location where the occlusion happens, and a screenshot of an example. After that we'll head to that location, poke around, and determine how bad it is. Your computer specs won't affect whether you see any occlusion, so you don't need to submit any dxdiag info.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I keep meaning to say something about these godawful bright greenish interiors but keep forgetting.

This is as good a place as any. Yes those greenish tech interiors are just painful to look at....makes my retinas hurt. Besides that....the coloring itself makes it extremely difficult to spot the "glowy" unless you are right up next to it.

Please change it to a less pain-inducing color!