Lt. Commander
# 1 We are not the "Fearderation"
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm impressed by your game, it's quite fun with its PVE/PVP on space/ground and I will probably play it till the end of times because i'm a fan of you know what.

But, please, we are not the "Fearderation". We don't vaporize people, we don't kill babies (remember the jem'hadar eggs ?), we don't shoot at first sight, we don't detroy stuff just for the fun...etc.

Or maybe we are playing a mirror universe without knowing ?

So, it would be cool for fed players to put weapons on stun (would be easy to do), to make people KO rather than vaporize them for the expose attacks, and it would be cool to write missions (and rewrite old missions) with some diplomacy/science/talk options and more humour (you can do it , there are many examples).

In fact, you should introduce some kind of bonus XP for finishing missions without massacres:

- the kids would kill everyone, get the reward and jump to the next slaughters
- the fan of star trek would play the diplomacy card, speak with everyone, do some scan and find the solution without blood on their hands (and get a reward for doing it in the spirit of Star Trek). You have to hire some writers for this but the game, people who can give use missions with different ends (ala Bioware).

So please, more science and less violence, because the Federation is not the Fearderation !
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
To be honest, I disagree with this stuff to an extent. I think there should be an option for players who don't want to kill everything. I just don't think they should change it for player who do. Personally I would like them to add the option to slag the planet surface with your photons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
maybe they should make a terran faction for all us crazy terran loving genocidal maniacs

Terran Empire ftw
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
maybe they should make a terran faction for all us crazy terran loving genocidal maniacs

Terran Empire ftw
Here here!

Can I go kill now?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with the op, but all the wow kids, who know nothing about star trek and the federation, would sooner photon planets cause its so keke.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I agree with the op, but all the wow kids, who know nothing about star trek and the federation, would sooner photon planets cause its so keke.
I grew up on the TOS so this comment is full of FAIL! I want to slag planets not cause it's "cool" but I just happen to enjoy genocide. It's one quick way to have peace in the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I grew up on the TOS so this comment is full of FAIL! I want to slag planets not cause it's "cool" but I just happen to enjoy genocide. It's one quick way to have peace in the galaxy.
total win. lmao. kinda sith-like. oops, wrong lore....
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Play the Donimion/Founders when they are released as a faction then, thats more their style. The Federation isn't about mass murder, except Section 31 and that attempted genocide of the changelings.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
total win. lmao. kinda sith-like. oops, wrong lore....
My hate makes me strong... oh yeah, Star Trek....
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
You would find your self in a court martial or mutiny. Now if you want to play Mirror Universe Empire like that, if i was a dev, i would see you have your wish.