Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telum View Post
Let's see the Federation or its Captains in canon have attempted genocide once, condoned it 4 times, threatened orbital bombardment twice, fabricated evidence and killed a Romulan Senator to get them into the Dominion War which was approved by Starfleet Command, started the Dominion War, countless treaty violations, countless border incursions, several acts of espionage, theft, and sabotage, and attempted a forceful relocation of a population. See the trend? While it is great to have ideals and to live up to them, the Federation like any government will put those aside when ever they deem it in their interests to so. As this game takes place in a time of war and major conflict those ideals will get pushed to the back burner in order to respond to threats.
Technically, Starfleet didn't sanction the killing of the Romulan councilman, nor did Sisko kill him. Garek, god bless his evil heart, did that. And Sisko, upon finding out, went straight up to him and knocked him on his butt with a right hook. Sisko was mad as heck! That being said, the rest is all accurate lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Its not I love you, you love me. its I respect you, please return the courtesy. Violence and warfare is a last resort tactic of the federation, after exhausting all diplomatic avenues. This is canon. Its like saying my Jedi knight should have the right to use the dark side of the force but not turn sith. Some things are more important then game mechanics, being true to the doctrines of the federation and starfleet is one of them. Otherwise don't call it Star Trek Online because it isn't.

Remember the episode of DS9 where the Admiral quoted Cicero. In the time of war, the law falls silent.

When I am standing over your smoldering corpse, covered in the blood of my enemies, I will weep for your ignorance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
if you were a fan of all the star trek shows you would see alot of people getting killed. a few wars and people getting rubed out.

star tek original was about 20%or so shows that included fighting

enterprize 40% of the shows had fighing in them .

TNG was alot more non combate but can you say the borg

voyager was some of the most battle filled shows of them all. where fighting would span 3 or 4 episodes

deep space nine fought many a good fight and an all out war

So this game is much like star trek. will thier be more content of the non combate kind ? im sure

if you put a game out with no conflict it would tank very fast. if you want a non combate game thier are the puzzel games out thier cant even remember the name of any though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
Technically, Starfleet didn't sanction the killing of the Romulan councilman, nor did Sisko kill him. Garek, god bless his evil heart, did that. And Sisko, upon finding out, went straight up to him and knocked him on his butt with a right hook. Sisko was mad as heck! That being said, the rest is all accurate lol.
And said in the ending monolog that he would do it all again lol. Ok Starfleet may not have sanctioned the killing itself but that is an assumption, we don't actually know the exact wording of Sisko's orders. If they said get the Romulans in the war by any means necessary then it is implied consent. Also look at the fact that Starfleet never told the Romulans about what really happened. In effect that is a condoning of the act although more implicit than anything else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Remember the episode of DS9 where the Admiral quoted Cicero. In the time of war, the law falls silent.

When I am standing over your smoldering corpse, covered in the blood of my enemies, I will weep for your ignorance.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges, baby...wooo!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges, baby...wooo!
Thank you, I can say it but I can't spell it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Armed confrontation with aggressive species is a forgone conclusion. The federation has every right to defend itself, I never said otherwise. As a starship captain in orbit above a planet where a super weapon of mass destruction was being constructed the option of orbital bombardment must be considered. But to bomb a colony of klingons illegally squatting on federation territory is a crime.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Armed confrontation with aggressive species is a forgone conclusion. The federation has every right to defend itself, I never said otherwise. As a starship captain in orbit above a planet where a super weapon of mass destruction was being constructed the option of orbital bombardment must be considered. But to bomb a colony of klingons illegally squatting on federation territory is a crime.
In your opinion. If we are at war with the Klingons and they resist. Then by all means, eliminate them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Its not I love you, you love me. its I respect you, please return the courtesy. Violence and warfare is a last resort tactic of the federation, after exhausting all diplomatic avenues. This is canon. Its like saying my Jedi knight should have the right to use the dark side of the force but not turn sith. Some things are more important then game mechanics, being true to the doctrines of the federation and starfleet is one of them. Otherwise don't call it Star Trek Online because it isn't.
Can't have everything canon. MMOs are all about combat except maybe Hello Kitty Online which then again might have some combat element in it too even heh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Armed confrontation with aggressive species is a forgone conclusion. The federation has every right to defend itself, I never said otherwise. As a starship captain in orbit above a planet where a super weapon of mass destruction was being constructed the option of orbital bombardment must be considered. But to bomb a colony of klingons illegally squatting on federation territory is a crime.
Well I'm pretty sure the Klingons weren't there to have a picnic. Warrior race on a Federation world....hmmm lemme think for a sec.....yup invasion force waste em.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.