Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2010, 08:18 PM
It doesn't look good. Extending endgame pvp came in dead last among features the player base wants (various RP features were most wanted).
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
It doesn't look good. Extending endgame pvp came in dead last among features the player base wants (various RP features were most wanted).
I wouldn't worry. Everything scored in the double digits and the difference between the most requested and the least was only 8% in that catagory.

Also, as annouced by their reps, lead dev teams for STO are broken into groups. Rpers getting new animations and clothes doesn't hurt pvp. Pvers getting new STF missions doesn't hurt pvp.

We simply need to let the pvp devs know what we want. We also need to make sure the people who play the game for pvp aren't a silent majority for their own style of gameplay.

Currently, the majority of the pvp board appears to be people, who don't like pvp, attempting to simplify it as a means of getting equipped in endgame, much like the "welfare epic" era in wow. It isn't in our best interest to let them do that.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Reply
03-14-2010, 09:23 AM
No problem Laylyn you have my support this is a great idea and would make for a hella nice pvp map.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
I liked your idea. I worry that the devs might see it as negative towards the pve and rp though. I structured this to make it a completely separate sector idea.
The thing is that we already have a full sector allocated to PvP and numerous systems both within it and Klingon space that have zero purpose other than PvP support...yet they are almost all entirely negated in utility by the mini-map menu PvP Queue selection.

There's no need to make "new" sectors when they should just realign what we already have to have a more rational usage...but that should not be construed to take away from the OP, merely pointing out there is plenty of "dead" real estate available already.

As for the PvE, there is none in those sectors, unless you count the Borg warzones and those you'll note are untouched.

Also in defense, what I outlined would create more RP opportunities than the current mindless system of non-contextual PvP death matches...players need to get "hooked into" their factions and those factions need to have some sub-factions and all of that given rational context and prestige rewards...the RP-ing will follow naturally from there. Also this statement should not be construed as taking away from OP, I am not in disagreement to overall principles and goals involved.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-18-2010, 02:31 AM
As an EX Potbs Player i totally agree with the OP. PvP with purpose is what we PvPers need. Dont get me wrong i really enjoy the drop down que for my quick fix of proper action. But i would love to have some meaningfull PvP action.... Something that takes effort to get results. Not a match that is over in 10 mins but a war that lasts weeks or even months. Thats what i'd like to see
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunzi View Post
As an EX Potbs Player i totally agree with the OP. PvP with purpose is what we PvPers need. Dont get me wrong i really enjoy the drop down que for my quick fix of proper action. But i would love to have some meaningfull PvP action.... Something that takes effort to get results. Not a match that is over in 10 mins but a war that lasts weeks or even months. Thats what i'd like to see
Exactly. Leave in the quick fix ... but gravitate the good XP gains from the FPS maps to contextual PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I hope Cryptic reads that

I would love that kind of PvP

Lt. Commander
# 18
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymph19
No problem Laylyn you have my support this is a great idea and would make for a hella nice pvp map.
Thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malize View Post
The thing is that we already have a full sector allocated to PvP and numerous systems both within it and Klingon space that have zero purpose other than PvP support...yet they are almost all entirely negated in utility by the mini-map menu PvP Queue selection.

There's no need to make "new" sectors when they should just realign what we already have to have a more rational usage...but that should not be construed to take away from the OP, merely pointing out there is plenty of "dead" real estate available already.

As for the PvE, there is none in those sectors, unless you count the Borg warzones and those you'll note are untouched.

Also in defense, what I outlined would create more RP opportunities than the current mindless system of non-contextual PvP death matches...players need to get "hooked into" their factions and those factions need to have some sub-factions and all of that given rational context and prestige rewards...the RP-ing will follow naturally from there. Also this statement should not be construed as taking away from OP, I am not in disagreement to overall principles and goals involved.
I went ahead and bumped your thread to make sure people get another look at it. I do like the ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunzi View Post
I feel the same way. I think the context would really draw in the pvp community and give us something to obsess about for years.