Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
So I was in infected today, doing the last event, and we upload the first virus and bam! shields go back up around me and i'm stuck. Too bad /killme doesn't actually kill me! looks like my teams out of luck unless they all come turn off the shield, only woops, now it wont turn off cause there's a progress bar and the consoles aren't interactable. so I beam out and back in to reset it, and now i can't get into my ally's instance. greeat. Before you tell me what I should have done, this isn't an exhaustive list, we spent 10 minutes trying to find a way to fix this before giving up.

Cryptic, I get that you want this to be hard and put the last event on a timer, that's fine, but if you're going to fix our exploit please fix THE AIs EXPLOITS FIRST!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I had more fun doing it with my friends without the virus timer. It was a much more fun episode!
Now with the timer, respawn rates, it has become nearly impossible to do it!

We were doing the previous one on about 2 hours, this one... We wasted 30 minutes trying to get ME out of the forcefield on the generators! /Stuck doesn't work, /killme doesn't work since no ticket is submitted. All this because whilst we were fighting the respawn someone pushed me inside!

Come on, make the timer last longer, reset after we upload the next node, or take it out altogether... or make it like an optional debuff against the last boss!

I had so much fun before, and now... With the desire of DP, this will become something I won't touch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Same crap happened to me in my first and last try. Got stuck, /killme didn't killed me, beamed out and back and was in another instance. However, I don't care about because I deny to play missions with respawn and timers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Sometimes you can sprint into the force field and clip right through. This can result in the force field not coming down if you wipe as a team later though, so I would not use it unless absolutely necessary.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Just got out of infected, the same thing kept happening to us. It is even fun anymore, just annoying. I really hope they don't continue putting instances such as this in the game, while ignoring other issues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 11:23 PM
same here: tried to upload the virus after dropping the shield - and stuck I was.

ONLY (!) solution: Everyone beams out and starts again from the first ground boss (with respawn!).

Right now this instance seems just like a waste of time. There is absolutely NO information whatsoever how this end room is supposed to be done - and if trying it results in creating a bug which forces everyone to reset the instance then... well... BAD thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey.. Cryptic HAD to make this Mission almost impossible.. its the ONLY PVE ENDGAME they have... so best make it DAMN HARD (not good or interesting.. JUST DAMN HARD!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Haha, while they are at it... Just add crates and plasma through the entire ground portion of the mission

Edit: Forgot to mention Super Mario Bros. theme.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Yep, tried this last night, and after about an hour of trying to upload the virus, we gave up (some of us have personal lives as well). Used to be a fun mission. Too bad they had to add the timer. I won't be back to this unless they fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottman
Hey.. Cryptic HAD to make this Mission almost impossible.. its the ONLY PVE ENDGAME they have... so best make it DAMN HARD (not good or interesting.. JUST DAMN HARD!)
Not saying it's too hard, just saying you should only remove player exploits when they stop being neccessary to combat the hundreds of enemy exploits.

List o' exploits the AI has against the players on infected:
They can make themselves untargetable and respawn their entire battle group after the fight!
They can surround players with shields making them restart the instance to get out!
They can drop players spontaniously through the floor!

List of player exploits against AI:
Can sometimes run through forcefields
Can ignore a timer

I'd rather be an AI on this instance all things considered. Is there an option to just go get assimilated and turn into a mob? cause it seems like they have a much more fun time grinding us than vice versa.