Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
If the Klingons faction get the staff again at the suppose 45 day patch, then don't make any sence to continue playing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I renewed because ground pvp is still fun. although I did lower my subscription from 3-month to 1-month, because I don't expect it to stay fun for very long.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Lifetime. Also, BoP is my favorite ship ever (of course they had to use my favorite model on the T1 ship). I also have a lot of fun having my Orion captain dance behind forcefields in front of feds on ground maps or blow kisses and confuse them (seduce). I don't know exactly why but ground PVP is fun, so that alone is enough if they'd at least get the queues to remove you from others when you join a match.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I leveled in Open Beta a fed engineering cruiser to Lt.Cmdr 8 and then tried a Bird of Prey and never returned to my cruiser
The BoP makes so much more fun.
Now I am Cmdr 9 and as a casual player I level very slow.
I log in and in a typicall session of 30-60 min I play 1-2 engagement missions against romulan npcs (mostly for the loot) mixed with 3-4 pvp matches (for the fun) and I like it very much.
Instant action, no long travels to quest locations, no boring readings of quest texts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
Seriously, i'm not taking a sarcastic approach to this.

I seriously want to know, what is it about the Klingon faction that has persuaded you to renew your sub?
Well, essentially after the Klingon fiasco said they wouldnt listen to suggestions for the Klingons unless we paid and if "we" wanted it...so basically they held the Klingon faction up for ransom...and I guess we are paying it(meh, they gave us proof of life).
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
truth well i plan on playing this as a quit come back quit come back deal i dont really want to wait for the upgrades besides bad company 2 is all consuming right now i will see the 45 day update and then decide
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I am hoping that this game doesn't go the way of *** or LOTRO. *** was dead like in 1.5 months after release. Lotro took a little longer, but was dead like in 3 months. I have no idea if it's going to happen, but I hope the Cardassians or Romulans become playable at one time or another. So far the grind on the Klingon side is getting rather boring. I might just go back to the SWG pre cu emulator and wait things out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMadman View Post
I am hoping that this game doesn't go the way of *** or LOTRO. *** was dead like in 1.5 months after release. Lotro took a little longer, but was dead like in 3 months.
Yeah, there's been a really disappointing slew of MMORPGs lately. I played LOTRO in beta and that was enough for me. I never bought the game. Played ***, we got a guild city and all that but just plain ran out of interesting stuff to do and quit.

I can't really complain about POTBS since that game entertained us for a while and had some solid PvP mechanics but in the end it also just didn't have enough interesting stuff to do. Sounds like Global Agenda took a quick dive. Warhammer lasted a bit but I never even made it to max level before just getting tired of the PvE grind and the canned PvP. I hear they kill the Kings all the time now. Meh. ****....I actually have some good stuff to say about that game but in the end is was kind of like WAR -- too much PvE grinding for levels and not enough interesting PvP. I'm still watching for the **** expansion though, which looked like it might actually be good (buildings that you can build and destroy?!)

Champions lasted me exactly 1 month. Again it was the plain-jane PvE combined with overly basic, canned PvP that turned me off.

I have tried to like EVE a couple times and just can't get into it. The PvP tends to annoy me (gatecamps, surprise cynos, people seeing you in local chat, people seeing my probes before I can lock onto them, the fact that you have to spend 6+ months skilling up and playing some of the most hideously dull PvE in order to get the skill points and money required for PvP...) and the PvE is way worse than STO's. Some interesting stuff there but it's just too much crap standing in the way between me and fun.

I'd actually consider going back to WOW but I reaaaally don't want to have to spend more time leveling up, gearing up and all that. So tired of the "gear grind". I want a substantial PvP wargame, not a canned gear grind.

World War II Online is actually a great wargame. I'm waiting for them to release their new graphics engine and I may go play that some more. Still, it's a simulator, not an action game by any measure, so I find it hard to really get into it.

Basically I'm playing STO because I already played everything else and got bored with it. I don't really have a lot of faith that the STO development team is going to be able to deliver a pace of content that's going to keep me interested (they started too far behind on this) but I'll hang out until I get bored of PvP or until something better comes out.

Just like ***, WAR, etc, I see some good, fun game mechanics and a good, enjoyable game engine, but shallow content and canned gameplay ends up boring me out of it sooner or later.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Sat in zone last night for about an hour trying to get a Infected group. No go there, played a couple PVP games trying to knock out my daily. That went a bit faster, and that pretty much took care of my night as I hate grinding Borg.

I think Infected was a good step in the right direction but unless something makes players flock over to klings we just do not have a large enough player base.

Sad as I really did enjoy the game but I dont see them making enough changes to make people keep playing.

We need content and lots of it quickly. My worry is that the content they are going to add is going to be T1 to T4 and no real upper end content. Most of us that suffered the pain of getting to BG5 are not going to be willing to start over again just to get something new to do as a kling.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I love being a klingon.
It makes more sence in the game context to be a klingon.
Ground PVP is fun.