Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYNXYEW View Post
Sat in zone last night for about an hour trying to get a Infected group. No go there, played a couple PVP games trying to knock out my daily. That went a bit faster, and that pretty much took care of my night as I hate grinding Borg.

I think Infected was a good step in the right direction but unless something makes players flock over to klings we just do not have a large enough player base.

Sad as I really did enjoy the game but I dont see them making enough changes to make people keep playing.

We need content and lots of it quickly. My worry is that the content they are going to add is going to be T1 to T4 and no real upper end content. Most of us that suffered the pain of getting to BG5 are not going to be willing to start over again just to get something new to do as a kling.
I would love to group with you, but I have been stuck at LC for a month.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
Seriously, i'm not taking a sarcastic approach to this.

I seriously want to know, what is it about the Klingon faction that has persuaded you to renew your sub?

Is it the PvP? the PvE? Simply the aesthetic of Klingon culture? the 45-day patch? or will you just be re-rolling as a Fed?

And i'd like to hear from each and every one of you!
I am waiting for the 45 day patch.
I also want to experience the tier 5 battles. I'm nearly level 3, and I don't want to re-start my FED character.
I like being the underdog, IN THE SENSE that Klingons are out numbered 5 to 1 generally.

But once Im at tier 5, and if the 45 day patch doesnt do much for the game, im not subscribing for a 3rd month. So ill be here for first free and 1 paid. That seems like it will be it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

And dear Kahless, it needs the Feds to stop sucking. I know there must be good Fed groups out there but I never see them. We have seriously not lost a ground battle in over 3 weeks and we play numerous matches every night.
Ironically a lot of those good fed groups are mainly Klingons who rerolled fed to relive the boredom.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYNXYEW View Post
I think Infected was a good step in the right direction but unless something makes players flock over to klings we just do not have a large enough player base.
It's kind of funny, in a way.

The Klingons who are T5 now are, I strongly suspect, the players who liked PvP enough to keep doing it and eventually made max level that way.

So then you reward these hardcore PvPers with......a big fancy PvE mission?

I mean, we went and did the mission. Spent a couple days playing with it part-time. Might even go back some day. But it's PvE content and we are PvP players, so it just doesn't hold our interest. Cryptic made a team that basically filters out anyone who doesn't love PvP, so in the end there should be no mystery over why it's so hard to find a group for a PvE mission.

I'm glad they're taking the time to convert these Fed end-game missions into something Klingons can do (and I doubt that this conversion takes much effort) but it's why I hope they keep their focus on giving us more and better PvP content. Clearly any Klingon today that makes level 45 must have a deep love of STO's PvP mechanics. What they're going to want is more PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I have a Klingon character and find it very enjoyable. I like some PvP but I'd like a lot more PvE added. I hope the 45 day patch and future updates bring a lot of PvE to Klingons. The BoP is highly maneuverable and agile and fun to captain.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm still playing, I tried to reroll a fed but I'm addicted to the PvP (which I never was in any other MMO). I guees I found my niche on the Klingon side. The patch is not going to solve everything and as soon as it comes out, the same people will probably find stuff about that to complain about.
I play because I like it, I don't play as much as I did, but I still come back and kill feds just for fun.
TZhere is nothing better than coming into a PvP to find 1 or 2 feds camping our spawn, taking one down (most of the time) and trying to put the hurt to another until more of us show up and break their backbones and send them limping off into the vastness of space.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Well Im going to keep playing because my main Klingon isnt BG yet, still a Captain. Then Ive got 2 more slots for an Eng and Sci klingon just to see what I like more. Those right there will be 2 months of playing Im sure. Then Ive yet to try ground PvP, so I'll have to delete someone and make a ground only guy. That'll be another month of playing Im sure. So at least I'll be around for 3 months. Then when all of that is done, Im sure I will go play a fed.

Plus Ive learned more about how to play the game in 1 week as a Klingon then I did getting to Captain as a fed. So I owe it to someone to keep playing.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
PVP.

PVE has never entertained me in the end. EQ ruined it for me forever. And sure there's no point to PVP in the end, but I like pick-up matches. If it became as involved as the 0.0 game in EvE, I'd walk away from STO.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
thanks for all the great replies, good to see there's still some optimism and people still just love playing Klingons.

i see there's been a lot of referrence to the '45-day patch'.
if you didn't already know, it's been verified the 45-day patch IS the same as 'Update 1'
and that's what they're currently testing on Tribble. the link below lists exactly what this entails, at this point in time
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008

some other stuff they're putting in is in the Engineering report under 'In Testing'. here's a link to the Engineeering report http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=132130

so that's what you can expect to see sometime around March 18th. Enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I played Klingon in open beta, but decided to play fed for a while in release until they got some Klingon content in. Thing was that I enjoyed the PvP more than the PvE and ended up leveling my fed mostly from that.

Eventually I couldn't wait any longer and ended up going back to Klingons and so I am there now. So to answer you question, I enjoy the PvP in the game (both ground and space) and prefer the Klingon side of things. I like the pace of leveling without as much loot whoring found in other games.

As others have mentioned, I see some really good qualities in the game even though it needs much more content (more pvp maps for instance!).

**** was too much PvE are too little PvP. WAR was typical Mythic bad balancing, and overly tedious RvR. I only played WoW up to around level 40 after it first released and never touched it again, so STO is really my only interest atm.