Lt. Commander
# 1 Anyone going to DragonCon?
02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I know, it might be a little bit early for this, since the con doesn't actually start until September... But when did something like logic ever stop me?
So, is anyone going? I'll be there. Look for the guy dressed as the Hunter from Borderlands, and/or Zombie Jesus.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I've always wanted to go to DragonCon, actually. Anime conventions are starting to stale to me, as the age of the average attendee keeps getting younger and younger and I keep getting older and older. Everything I've heard about DragonCon makes it sound far more well-rounded and mature. I want to go. But I don't think I'll be able to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 08:12 AM
DragonCon rocks, and yeah, it's alot more adult-oriented. I've gone the last four or five years, and I've enjoyed every time. I've come home broke every time, but I enjoyed it.

I spent half of the last night during last year's DragonCon in the gaming room, playing Rock Band with another guy dressed as Jesus and a random raver chick. They eventually kicked us out around 5 AM. Good times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Last year the gang hit Comic Con.

This year, it is Dragon Con.

We've already booked flights and hotels. We usually have a group of about 9-12.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 08:32 AM
There is a dragon con? Who do I have to slay this time?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I've been checking who's going to be the guests this year, and I'm soo happy with some of who's going to be there. And I'm seeing ALOT of people from TNG on that list. I can't wait for Dragoncon this year! And I'm not trying to Drag up an old post, but I didn't want to repost on something like this.

From DS9:

•Rene Auberjonois
AKA Odo

•Armin Shimerman
AKA Quark

•Avery Brooks
AKA Cpt Sisko

From Star Trek: The Next Generation

»Denise Crosby
AKA Tasha Yar

•John de Lancie
AKA Q

•Jonathan Frakes
AKA Will Riker

•Marina Sirtis
AKA Deana Troi

Brent Spiner
AKA Data

From Star Trek: Voyager

•Robert Duncan McNeill
AKA Tom Paris
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 01:31 AM
I doubt I'd go. I went to Blizzcon twice (07 / 08), and both times it was really Standinextremelylonglinescon that cost me way too much. I dunno if other conventions are the same or not, but for my only experience I'll have to say that I've con'd myself out. hehehe Unless there's waves upon waves of booze and plenty of brauts to eat... then I might consider it.

Oktoberfest-con here I come!!! WOOOOOO! *breaks out the laderhosen and accordian*
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 05:51 AM
This thread's still alive? Score! 10 cool points to whoever necro'd it.

Anyway, it's a good thing this thread is back- I have some news. A week or so ago, a friend of mine (the now legendary Dakota) went to the Atlanta meetup for the DragonCon British panel. While he was there, he fell in with the people who do the yearly Ten-Forward exhibition. Basically, what they do is take over a hotel's bar, remodel it as Ten-Forward (complete with costumed bartenders and patrons) and serve Star Trek themed alcohol and food. Apparently, Dakota's going to be there as a nameless redshirt.

This gives me a brilliant idea... I can talk to Dakota and see if he can convince the people in charge of this thing to host a private party for the Ten-Forward forum. It really shouldn't be that hard, they do it all the time.

Anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
I doubt I'd go. I went to Blizzcon twice (07 / 08), and both times it was really Standinextremelylonglinescon that cost me way too much. I dunno if other conventions are the same or not, but for my only experience I'll have to say that I've con'd myself out. hehehe Unless there's waves upon waves of booze and plenty of brauts to eat... then I might consider it.

Oktoberfest-con here I come!!! WOOOOOO! *breaks out the laderhosen and accordian*

Oh, there is always beer at DragonCon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
The wife and I got our registration in and a room at they Hayatt already.
I think this is our 5th year and we are just loving it.
Been to the Ten forward party every year. Ran into a few red shirts there, they are in my avatar pic.
Can see the bigger pic here.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs459...._5575956_n.jpg