Lt. Commander
# 1 The Emperor wears no clothes
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
So now it appears that the "forum guestapo" is now closing threads prematurely that suggest that the STO game needs a lot of work. The thread I tried to enter had some very good suggestions about what needs to be fixed to make a workable MMO. While it was the most popular thread, it was closed by "our masters".
I guess STO does not want to hear it anymore. Don't bother telling me to get lost. I am just letting my subscription run out and I am gone. My family, friends and fleet members have already gotten fed up and left STO. I spent the most time on the forums and heard enough rabid fanboys promise the lack of content during beta and head start would be dealt with upon the official opening of the game. Nope...Did not happen. There have been some very good, very detailed suggestions about how the game could be improved posted in the forum by "complainers". However, now with the threads being closed prematurely, it is clear that nobody in charge wants to hear them.

It will be much better for you few when all the "complainers leave"...that is why STO is already offering the "sign up a friend program" this close to launch and the game is now selling online for $10 and $20 off the original prices. Bye.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Cleverly disguised "i quit" thread. Probably written to attempt to stand out among others, filled with empty threats and hollow promises.

Goodbye.

PS: The forum "Gestapo" close all "I quit" threads too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Cleverly disguised "i quit" thread. Probably written to attempt to stand out among others, filled with empty threats and hollow promises.

Goodbye.

PS: The forum "Gestapo" close all "I quit" threads too.
That deductive guess was a bit thin. Actually, so thin it was hard to see, even in good daylight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh cut the bull. Everyone, including the devs, know the game needs work. The devs themselves have said that, and the fact they keep talking about all the work they're doing, and all the things they're adding, I think shows beyond a doubt that they know the game is lacking and are playing catch up. Not to mention the number of dev and mod comments in other, constructive, threads where they have thanked the players and asked for the ideas to keep coming also sort of throws your hole thesis out the door. No, I would hazard a guess that your favorite thread that got locked and thus hurt your feelings so badly you had to run to the forums to post an 'I QUIITTTTT" thread (since he said he was letting his sub expire and leaving, it applies) was probably one with quite a bit of NON constructive comments, not to mention flaming.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
actually most of those threads get closed usually because the word fanboi starts getting bandied about whenever someone disagrees with the suggestion. thread degenerates. gets closed
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 11:29 PM
am I the only one that's noticed its past 30 days since launch date and were all still here....i could have sworn people were saying everyone would quit when the their 30 days ran out.....huh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erastuss View Post
So now it appears that the "forum guestapo" is now closing threads prematurely that suggest that the STO game needs a lot of work. The thread I tried to enter had some very good suggestions about what needs to be fixed to make a workable MMO. While it was the most popular thread, it was closed by "our masters".
Linky please.

As for "suggestion" threads being closed, there are two issues:
1 - Vague posts. Saying the game needs work is fine, giving vague ideas is.. okay, but gets really annoying when reposted time and time again.
2 - Abuse. The long standing threads, no matter how good, can be overcome by a couple of 'prats' trying to perform character assassinations on each other over who they think has the best idea - which results in the productive discussion ending.

Quote:
I guess STO does not want to hear it anymore. Don't bother telling me to get lost.
They do want to hear it, but they want civilised discussion and thought out ideas that can be worked on, not the all-too-common vagueness and flaming.

Quote:
I am just letting my subscription run out and I am gone....
So this is essentially an "I quit thread".

Quote:
... promise the lack of content during beta and head start would be dealt with upon the official opening of the game.
I didn't see that promise being made. The promise I did see, and I have to say Cryptic kept it, was to deal with a lot (not all) of the small, cosmetic and interface issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerLolz View Post
am I the only one that's noticed its past 30 days since launch date and were all still here....i could have sworn people were saying everyone would quit when the their 30 days ran out.....huh.
nope ive noticed it too. it has gotten quieter which is a shame, but there is in general less hate and flaming on the forums lately.

hopefully players will come back down the track a bit when the game reaches closer to what they want
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
lol

lets get this straight. people post about quitting a game?
people sure are stupid

at any rate the first star trek tv show had terrible ratings, so so reviews, and then was cancelled after three years.

but "wrath of khan" came out of it which was a top notch flick and a few tng episodes were like mini movies

it would be best if most left, and the remainder are those techies types that can program stuff, or just ol fans that can state the obvious - like that episode sux, or that one was killer.

the cult following of star trek is large enough to keep it finacially afloat

if anything the old model of marketing is more the problem if you ask me.- "get as many as you can and as much as you can as fast as you can."

outdated and historically not as lucrative as "let them come"
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attacko
lol

the cult following of star trek is large enough to keep it finacially afloat
For starters, people who leave a farewell post have every right to do so. Most ex-STO players are highly aggrieved, which brings me to your statment above. A lot of folks feel they have been taken advantage of and that Cryptic has squandered their goodwill by releasing a highly dodgy MMO.

Fool that I am, I signed up for a year's sub. I haven't played in a week and i don't think I've missed much in the recent update. However, I'll keep dipping in from time-to-time just to see what's going on.

As for the heavy censorship on the "I'm Quitting STO" threads, it's now become a case of this:

STO - Love it or Leave it (but do so quietly . . . ssh!).