Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
If they stuck to canon we would have even less. Be slightly grateful. :p
How do you figure that? There's hundreds of canon ship types. Also, I don't consider it being ungrateful stating that them requiring their playerbase to pay extra for more ships or ship parts should not be allowed. The other things in this thread I would be willing to overlook on the store, but ships are where I draw the line.

I'd rather not get into another monthly fee debate and I've actually grown more lenient regarding this issue as originally I would have vehemently posted that the c-store code should be scrapped and Cryptic spanked and put in time out for even attempting to rob their playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
How do you figure that? There's hundreds of canon ship types. Also, I don't consider it being ungrateful stating that them requiring their playerbase to pay extra for more ships or ship parts should not be allowed. The other things in this thread I would be willing to overlook on the store, but ships are where I draw the line.

I'd rather not get into another monthly fee debate and I've actually grown more lenient regarding this issue as originally I would have vehemently posted that the c-store code should be scrapped and Cryptic spanked and put in time out for even attempting to rob their playerbase.
Just 1 ship per class, 3 per tier. No changing its looks.
So all would be flying identical Mirandas atLt, Identical refit Constitution, Nova etc etc until oblivion.

Cryptic is not the first company to add a money store to a PtP MMO.
So yeah... No debate.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
So all would be flying identical Mirandas atLt, Identical refit Constitution, Nova etc etc until oblivion.

So yeah... No debate.
Now that's just twisting my words, I never said you shouldn't be able to customize the looks of your ship in the slightest. Nor did I even hint towards anything of the sort. I said they shouldn't make you pay extra for more ships or ship options, especially considering the dismally few variants we currently have.

Hell, customization and variants are canon in case you didn't know. Have you ever seen how many versions of the Nebula class there are? I last counted 6 distinct versions including a few quad-nacel variants.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:

So yeah... No debate.
^ i agree with him
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
Now that's just twisting my words, I never said you shouldn't be able to customize the looks of your ship in the slightest. Nor did I even hint towards anything of the sort. I said they shouldn't make you pay extra for more ships or ship options, especially considering the dismally few variants we currently have.

Hell, customization and variants are canon in case you didn't know. Have you ever seen how many versions of the Nebula class there are? I last counted 6 distinct versions including a few quad-nacel variants.
Twisting what now? Chat just stated how she thinks it would be like if they stuck to mainly canon.
Just saying that the majority of classes do not have variations. How many versions of Defiant is there? Intrepid(soooo not counting the frankenfleet for obvious reasons)? Akira? Sabre?

Only 3 variations where showed on screen which makes the other ones non canon.
Or something... Would actually like some of the Excelsior variants. Especially the freakish 4 nacelled one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
^ i agree with him
It's a her... Decided yesterday to grow a pair and not be a man anymore. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I have no problem paying for new ships in the C-Store. I'd love to get my hands on an Excelsior that way. I do expect the free ship choices to expand with less desirable ships, though. As long as the game keeps giving me free content I have no problem also paying for "special" things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
If they stuck to canon we would have even less. Be slightly grateful. :p
I dunno, I see a lot of ships they COULD have added but went with their own designs instead, so this really doesnt hold as much water as you think
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Xiepher
Right now it's just Klingon and Ferengi on there. Anyone out there know what's next for to be added into the store yet? I got 740 points to burn, but not really interested in those two items(character templates).
Probably the same kinda gear as the Champions store.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
Probably the same kinda gear as the Champions store.
And that would be? Not everyone plays Champions