Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
And some new variations of the T5 ships.
Where was this mentioned.

I found the Dev talk about some extra ship customisation options in the C-store but nothing on ships for cash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
And that would be? Not everyone plays Champions
You were 3 clicks away from finding it yourself: Cryptic, Champions Online, CO C-Store.

http://champions-online.com/store
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Twisting what now? Chat just stated how she thinks it would be like if they stuck to mainly canon.
Just saying that the majority of classes do not have variations. How many versions of Defiant is there? Intrepid(soooo not counting the frankenfleet for obvious reasons)? Akira? Sabre?

Only 3 variations where showed on screen which makes the other ones non canon.
Or something... Would actually like some of the Excelsior variants. Especially the freakish 4 nacelled one,


It's a her... Decided yesterday to grow a pair and not be a man anymore. :p
Ok, so moving on then and as I was saying...

Feel free to encourage them to put a few billion uniform/combadge/character slots/etc on there to their heart's content. I'm not willing to expend the energy to fight for that frivolous crap since so many of you seem so eager to be parted with your money for things you've already paid them to create. Lord knows the game is content-lite enough as it is..sure let's just pay extra to get them to flesh it out /sarcasm.

All I'm saying is keep the **** related to the ships themselves off there and I'll leave the discussion alone.

Why someone should have to argue with fellow customers regarding being made to spend extra money is something that continues to boggle me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Cool, there seems to be quite a few items there so that looks good for us then. Of course the items are kind of cosmetic and not functional but still having the options to change your visuals is nice. The Retcon and Re-name are interesting, wonder if the pricing will be similar here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Ah, see that I could get behinmd. As long as its just useless, cra- er vanity stuff Im good
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Cool, there seems to be quite a few items there so that looks good for us then. Of course the items are kind of cosmetic and not functional but still having the options to change your visuals is nice. The Retcon and Re-name are interesting, wonder if the pricing will be similar here.
I expect Character Slots to cost more in STO, due to their size and coplexity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Ah, see that I could get behinmd. As long as its just useless, cra- er vanity stuff Im good
That's all a ship skin is: vanity stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
Ok, so moving on then and as I was saying...

Feel free to encourage them to put a few billion uniform/combadge/character slots/etc on there to their heart's content. I'm not willing to expend the energy to fight for that frivolous crap since so many of you seem so eager to be parted with your money for things you've already paid them to create. Lord knows the game is content-lite enough as it is..

As a life time member and multiple edition purchaser...I have over $400 invested in the game....lets see over 200 hours of game play to date ...lets see some basic math....divide by....carry the one.....comes out to..umm $2 and hour ..... thats a pretty good cost/benefit return for me, much better than going to a movie, or god forbid a theme park. Seems "Content light" is a relative assessment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You were 3 clicks away from finding it yourself: Cryptic, Champions Online, CO C-Store.

http://champions-online.com/store
And all that stuff, if it were done that way on STO, are all things I said were fine.

Ships and ship parts are not. It's our crew's starship, not my bloody uniform or outfit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Costumes, bridges, new races, respecs, ship variations - So far thats the intended stuff Cryptic have thrown out

As for the future possibilities:

Name Pre-fixes - NX
Special Bridge officers - Borg
Weapons - TR Rifle
Ships - Constitutopm
Items - Super Tribble
Armor - Chronodynamic armor
Shields - Multi-spatial shield
Devices - Red matter
Special Reskins of items - A.K.A Different look phaser rifles, More ship 'tatto' options

They have already established the addition of these things via the Pre-order offers which will be offered on the store at some point. Thus it seems fairly likely they will add more over time eventually. The latter aspect I can definetly see coming.

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on those special Phaser rifles being used by NPCs on the USS Khitomer. They looked very much like Alien Pulse rifles. Offering skins of other things like Cardassian phasers, Romulan disruptors might be workable.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.