Lt. Commander
# 1 Things you wonder about in STO
02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
"Nuke it from space, I hate ground missions, besides Im probably gonna kill whatever is down there anyway"

"Why are there so many abandon bases?"

"No for the last time I have no Entertainment Moduals and even if i did why would i give them to a planet of Borg? Go look at a toaster catalog or something"

"Another Klingon carrying..a banana split?"

"Romulan Ale! Heals you up to 60% and has a cool refreshing taste!"

"Ok, let me just switch gear here *opens bag* ok..hand phaser was some where near the three impulse engines..dammit any idea why I have 30 tribbles in my pack?"

"A Klingon a human and a borg walk into a bar..."

"Sto online, the only game where you can accidently hit "ABANDON SHIP!" when you really ment to hit a shield battery on your hotbar"

(In Klingon space) "You do not have clearance to enter Federation space, even though we are at war and countless klingons are already there..."

(Beams down to planet) "You said this planet was uninhabited?" "Yes captain" "so..all these buildings are for?"

(Beams down to planet) "we need to fix a leaky probe before it ruins the planets ecology sir!" "its uninhabited..the planets a ball of lava, blasting sand and it smells..WHO CARES???!"

"Grats on captain! now go buy your ship!"

(After killing a ship) "Ok send an away team over there and loot what ever we find." "We found a disrupter sir!" "Good, needed one of those. heres some tape, go install it"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 06:05 AM
"Why did that Undine psi master drop plomeek soup?"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Borg exploration missions - entire planet covered in borg ground terrain, and we visit to fix an environmental hazard caused by alien space probes. Wouldn't want those poor borg getting sick.

Sector Space is supposed to be the astrometrics lab map but we bounce off planets

Deep space encounters you can't escape - 100's of ships snuck up on us captain and we didn't notice.

We're at war with the Klingons but we have a neutral zone

Risa in body armor

After killing an enemy vessel, shields and hull nearly gone, a helpful bridge officer distracts you long enough to put your engines at full stop, let you get caught in the explosion then tells you more enemies are about to attack.

Is the shape of T3 science ships the main reason we get so many battery drops.

An Admiral tells us Romulans are evil and we need to slaughter a hospital full of doctors and we're fine with that.

Cardassians are just a bunch of rebels but have better ships and holographic technology than the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusion View Post
Cardassians are just a bunch of rebels but have better ships and holographic technology than the federation.
To be fair they have support from the Dominion, who do have better ships than the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
To be fair they have support from the Dominion, who do have better ships than the Federation.
lol, I dunno, I'd rather fight a Jem Hadar battleship than a Keldon and it's holographic buddies. Just seems a bit odd to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth

"Why are there so many abandon bases?"
They QQ'd because there was no end-game content

Quote:
"Another Klingon carrying..a banana split?"
Prune juice is a warriors drink and banana split is a warriors dessert.

Quote:
"Romulan Ale! Heals you up to 60% and has a cool refreshing taste!"
Sounds like real alcohol to me. Too bad they havent put hangovers into the game so next day your health is stuck at 40% and your skills reduced by half. lol

Quote:
"Ok, let me just switch gear here *opens bag* ok..hand phaser was some where near the three impulse engines..dammit any idea why I have 30 tribbles in my pack?"
Apparently Dr Who shared the technology of how to fit a time machine in a phone booth with Starfleet for cargo holds.

Quote:
"A Klingon a human and a borg walk into a bar..."
And order an oil can and a prune juice.

Quote:
"Sto online, the only game where you can accidently hit "ABANDON SHIP!" when you really ment to hit a shield battery on your hotbar"
Thats when Starfleet wishes they used Windows 7 "Are you sure you want to abandon ship?"

Quote:
(In Klingon space) "You do not have clearance to enter Federation space, even though we are at war and countless klingons are already there..."
Firewall is bugged.

Quote:
(Beams down to planet) "You said this planet was uninhabited?" "Yes captain" "so..all these buildings are for?"
Player housing left over from old mmog's that were on that planet.

Quote:
(Beams down to planet) "we need to fix a leaky probe before it ruins the planets ecology sir!" "its uninhabited..the planets a ball of lava, blasting sand and it smells..WHO CARES???!"
Hello, HORTA.

Quote:
Starfleet sells them to Captains at the F-Store for Fed-Points. You think this stuff is free just because you signed up for service ?

Quote:
(After killing a ship) "Ok send an away team over there and loot what ever we find." "We found a disrupter sir!" "Good, needed one of those. heres some tape, go install it"
Ensign MacGuyver, proceed with the Duct-Tapey-Bubble-Gummy rigging fo the disrupter for maximum pew.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 08:34 AM
- When we beam down to a planet, why Bob from engineering thinks we need to leave a trail of shield and medical generators. Perhaps it's time to cut off his Hansel and Gretel holodeck privileges?

- In a space battle, my incredible, impossible to kill crew. I can be down to 1% hull integrity, venting plasma all over, hull breeches galore, but my crack engineering and medical staff have my ship looking like it just sailed out of a star dock in mere minutes.

- Why I have to stand on a chair before I can actually sit in it.

- Why Starfleet hasn't picked me up for petty theft, with all the looting I've been doing from various crates and cabinets that are their property.

- With a valid Undine threat, no one bats an eye to a starbase full of captains running around, waving weapons everywhere.

- Quarks looks more fun on TV
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:

i have to admit this did kinda confuse me a little
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Technically, you dont buy it, you requisition it

my favorites:

You control the ship from a point above and behind it, but you have to BEAM TO your bridge

You take a series iof huge hits and your crew all dies but one. The crew compliment is full within a minute. How do they get work DONE doing THAT all the time like that O.o

Ship blows up, warp core goes, all hands lost ....ten seconds later respawn. Great Replicator technology and the sentance above
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
Ensign MacGuyver, proceed with the Duct-Tapey-Bubble-Gummy rigging fo the disrupter for maximum pew.
You, sir, win the thread