Career Officer
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if there's a trick to entering rings and such along an angular path.

For instance, there was a time-travel mission where I had to fly around a star to return to my own time, and there were rings I could not get through. Also, the Risian floater thingy required that we fly thru rings. I don't have a problem flying, I have a problem getting the next ring to show up so I can see it without having to click and drag the screen to line it up. When I do that, it always takes too much time, and I wind up missing the next ring... Just wondering if there's a trick to it...

Thanks is advance!

CM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Captain
# 2
09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm14916 View Post
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if there's a trick to entering rings and such along an angular path.

For instance, there was a time-travel mission where I had to fly around a star to return to my own time, and there were rings I could not get through. Also, the Risian floater thingy required that we fly thru rings. I don't have a problem flying, I have a problem getting the next ring to show up so I can see it without having to click and drag the screen to line it up. When I do that, it always takes too much time, and I wind up missing the next ring... Just wondering if there's a trick to it...

Thanks is advance!

CM
most of that is throttle control and twitch. you have to get a feel for the timing for your course corrections-and not overcompensate (which is hard when you're running it in a fast turning ship....)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2013, 10:13 PM
OP said it had nothing to do with the flying; the problem had to do with getting the screen turned around the right way.

OP: sounds like you need to have your camera snapped to follow your ship, not be set to freely rotate. I believe the default key for that is X
Career Officer
# 4
09-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Actually the answer is simple... set the camera to chase mode, that way you can steer it as if you were looking at your ship directly from behind.
Career Officer
# 5
10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
MBP and Chuckwolf,

Thank you for your input. You understood more than patrick did, but I still appreciate the input. That was exactly what I needed. I recently discovered the "X" key, but it seems to me to have two settings only. 1 follows the target, and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't doesn't follow what the ship would be seeing. How does one set their camera to "chase mode?"

Thanks again, and sorry about the time between posts. Was trying to get my lvl 42 fed to a lvl 50 fed so I could play the Crystal Entity...

Thanks again!
CM
Quote:
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Captain
# 6
10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Setting camera mode is one of the options in the Options menu, available by hitting the ESC key. I'd tell you exactly where, but my client seems to be having issues, so I'm loading it fresh , and it's talking FOREVER to patch.

Thus, I'm lurking the forums...
Captain
# 7
10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Camera settings are Game Option Menu -> Controls -> (set REgion to Space) -> Camera Type. And X key is the Camera Lock toggle. If you camera follows a target regardless of Camera Type. You've click Camera Lock on.
Career Officer
# 8
10-05-2013, 08:09 PM
So, in essence, before I try to fly around a star to time travel or fly thru hoops on Risa, I need to set my camera to chase mode...

Thanks guys!
CM
Quote:
Ensign
# 9
10-08-2013, 04:41 PM
For the klink mission against the devidians, just make 2 passes at the rings then set the autopilot.
Career Officer
# 10
10-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Crallus,

That's what I wound up doing, and I felt like there was something I was missing since the computer had to do it for me...

Quote: