Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 To Last Nights QQ'ing Feds
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
All night had had to listen to QQ'ing feds about how I abuse / exploit / grief / whatever else. I must have gotten tells from 6 different feds freaking out at me. (Sara was classic) I will explain to you what it is I am doing so maybe you will spend less time complaining in chat and more time trying to defend yourself.
BOP- 2x Dual heavy 1xQuant 3x Turret. Full cannon / Disruptor spec. 3x 30+ Disruptor power 2x + 6 weapon power. (125 weapon power)

I sneak up pop my tac cd's and unload at close range. I hit you with tractor+ jam sensors right away. Here is the key - DON'T use your only science team right here silly. I got tell after tell about Haxxor killing while cloaked. /sigh. So many feds pop there science right here and as soon as I see them re-target me ... I Viral Matrix. Continue to blast away. (Canon rapid 1+3 High Yield 1+3) Most die here and I suffer 0 damage. Some good feds live through this and I pop Reveres shield and start the fight out with a huge advantage. I guess the point im making is .. NO its not abuse / Haxxor / Exploiting .... You simply don't know wtf you are doing or how to defend yourself. The only valid bi*ch right now is 25 second Sub , I am guilty of chat QQing about this one myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I was threatened by a klingon 2 days ago with reporting me for haxing, when i vaporized him with shield disable + dispersal mine drop. WHiners are on both sides We are all just people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
As I have been saying this game will be reduced to people who have chained science abilities like JS and VM, and people who chain science team. Rather silly if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I believe you could actually pop the VM right after the Tractor and Jam if you wanted and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Science Team seems to cure ONE debuff, and I believe it's the oldest one. So if you stack Tractor, Jam and VM on someone, it will only cure one and I think it'll cure the first -- tractor. They'll still be jammed and VM'd.


I actually think this is a big problem. The only SOLO solution to this is to pop RSP right away. That will give you the ability to hopefully hold out until VM drops.

In a good group, of course, teammates can put more Science Teams on you, fix you up with Hazard Emitters, Extend Shields, etc, but solo I think the only way to reliably live is preemptive RSP.

Doubly true if the person doing this is a Science Officer, since the first thing they'll hit you with is SNB. And then you're screwed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirdd View Post
All night had had to listen to QQ'ing feds about how I abuse / exploit / grief / whatever else. I must have gotten tells from 6 different feds freaking out at me. (Sara was classic) I will explain to you what it is I am doing so maybe you will spend less time complaining in chat and more time trying to defend yourself.
BOP- 2x Dual heavy 1xQuant 3x Turret. Full cannon / Disruptor spec. 3x 30+ Disruptor power 2x + 6 weapon power. (125 weapon power)

I sneak up pop my tac cd's and unload at close range. I hit you with tractor+ jam sensors right away. Here is the key - DON'T use your only science team right here silly. I got tell after tell about Haxxor killing while cloaked. /sigh. So many feds pop there science right here and as soon as I see them re-target me ... I Viral Matrix. Continue to blast away. (Canon rapid 1+3 High Yield 1+3) Most die here and I suffer 0 damage. Some good feds live through this and I pop Reveres shield and start the fight out with a huge advantage. I guess the point im making is .. NO its not abuse / Haxxor / Exploiting .... You simply don't know wtf you are doing or how to defend yourself. The only valid bi*ch right now is 25 second Sub , I am guilty of chat QQing about this one myself.
What Feds using Sci team for Tractor beam?? Polarize hull. I do the same thing here with my sci vessel.. guess what...I have more toys then he does... to stop you in your track etc. Adapt.... And I got Viral III....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Personally I'm sick to death of having to listen to angry 14 year olds vent about how they died. No one else cares if player X vm'd you. Or you got hit with SnB. Or such and such has RSP. That multiple people killed you. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE.

To some players EVERYTHING is an exploit it seems. You use any ability and they deem it a personal affront. You die to a carrier with just 8 fighters out they are spamming fighters..... The list goes on and on.

I would LOVE zone to only go to your side/team. Have some globals like Good game that are sent through as a message in a time war and leave the endless stupidity and epeening out of the games. When you are fighting in a war you don't have to listen to the other side emo as you shoot.


I still say if something is broken the devs should fix it. It isn't upto players to fix it. So if pvp annoys you that much send a email to Cryptic and don't pvp until it is fixed. Everyone gets lamed at times and dies in PVP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I honestly believe that klingons could just sit there and do nothing while the feds pound our ships into rubble and they would still think we were overpowered/hacking just because we revived.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I believe you could actually pop the VM right after the Tractor and Jam if you wanted and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Science Team seems to cure ONE debuff, and I believe it's the oldest one. So if you stack Tractor, Jam and VM on someone, it will only cure one and I think it'll cure the first -- tractor. They'll still be jammed and VM'd.


I actually think this is a big problem. The only SOLO solution to this is to pop RSP right away. That will give you the ability to hopefully hold out until VM drops.

In a good group, of course, teammates can put more Science Teams on you, fix you up with Hazard Emitters, Extend Shields, etc, but solo I think the only way to reliably live is preemptive RSP.

Doubly true if the person doing this is a Science Officer, since the first thing they'll hit you with is SNB. And then you're screwed.
I see teammates being chased and assisted down.. I will stop my doing go in hit one with a tractor beam and then the other with viral matrix.....Crowd Control at its finest... even if they have the counter.. it will buy the teammate time to re group, heal -up and shields regen...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Interesting how for every one post I see that is a Fed QQing, I see twenty posts of Ks going all whiney emo about how people unfairly judge their "leetness" and everyone hates them and they're sooooooo misunderstood. Gosh, Klingons, just go cry and cut yourselves while listening to My Chemical Romance and give us a break already. All this QQing about other people QQing about you is just getting stale and sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
What Feds using Sci team for Tractor beam?? Polarize hull. I do the same thing here with my sci vessel.. guess what...I have more toys then he does... to stop you in your track etc. Adapt.... And I got Viral III....
they use it on the Jam ... and yes you are probably one of those 25 second SUB guys. Agreed a counter to my setup. (to any and all setups). Joking aside ... a good science Fed will indeed put up a damn good fight.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.