Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torath
Well, you should be able to hit RA5 (highest level) in 5 days.

Welcome. Anything else you'd like to know? Like what to do after you are RA5, which is play something else while you wait for the 1 Dev to work on this game?
^this

it also made me lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorngamer View Post
I am sure that if i decide to buy the game that by the time i level up their will be more content.
It took me 2 weeks and 2 days playing 4 hours a day to get to Rear Admiral. I started another Fed Player and a Klingon so I could play those two up at the same time and relax in the game. After you play for 5 days you will know if you want to continue to play or not.

The game isn't World of ******** nor is it ****, or *** or Lord of the rings for that matter. This is Star Trek On-line. As more content arrives the game will grow and get better in time. It's pretty neat now, still needs more content though. The developers inform us of new content coming in the Engineer Report check there to see what is on its way.

Good Luck out there!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe

BACK IN REALITY
I would guess the average player to be around commander level, because new people are trying to join all the time and lots of us are just enjoying the ride. It takes time to learn all the ins and outs and what will work best for you. Takes a little longer than 5 days to see STO for what it is compared to what it could be. What it will be none of us knows.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.

BACK IN REALITY
I would guess the average player to be around commander level, because new people are trying to join all the time and lots of us are just enjoying the ride. It takes time to learn all the ins and outs and what will work best for you. Takes a little longer than 5 days to see STO for what it is compared to what it could be. What it will be none of us knows.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Guys as per Jedimindfreak a.k.a. The Forum Pet Gang leader

First grader rules are in effect on this forum, therefore whoever smelt it dealt it

First post claim total ownage on any that follow
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
(Why I am wading in I don't know...)

Welcome to the Forums. Sigh.

Anyhow, give the game the old 5 day try and see how you like it. I personally have a lifetime sub, and while the game can get repetative, it is still quite fun. The Devs do seem interested in the communities opinion and also seem to be working on bug fixes and new content. I personally recommend taking your time and enjoying the ride. Some of the missions are really great, others so-so. There are also some great Star Trek moments. However, the Endgame content I hear is quote lacking.

I started playing in the head start and I just hit Lt. Cmdr. 7 a few days ago. I also run a Lt. Cmdr 3 Gorn. I only play about a mission every few nights. So, depending on how much you play, it can take time.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
(Why I am wading in I don't know...)

Welcome to the Forums. Sigh.

Anyhow, give the game the old 5 day try and see how you like it. I personally have a lifetime sub, and while the game can get repetative, it is still quite fun. The Devs do seem interested in the communities opinion and also seem to be working on bug fixes and new content. I personally recommend taking your time and enjoying the ride. Some of the missions are really great, others so-so. There are also some great Star Trek moments. However, the Endgame content I hear is quote lacking.

I started playing in the head start and I just hit Lt. Cmdr. 7 a few days ago. I also run a Lt. Cmdr 3 Gorn. I only play about a mission every few nights. So, depending on how much you play, it can take time.

Thanks,
Duncan
I am pretty much a hard core gamer so it might turn into a problem for me but i will cross that bridge when i come to it and from the majority or very vocal minority it might be sooner rather than later.

To the people who seem to be not liking the game is it because you level to fast or not enough content? or both?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Welcome indeed, but the first advice I would have given you would have been to steer your ship away from these forums... I started playing right before "Salegate" and all the negativity I found on here almost got me to stop posting. Never came close to getting me to stop playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
New flesh blood! *steals PopCornGamer's soul and will to play*

Sorry, I just rewatched "The Void" from S7 Voyager :p
LOVE The Void. I want random space anoms in STO that send my ship spiraling out of control like during Voyager's first escape attempt.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful_Crow
Welcome indeed, but the first advice I would have given you would have been to steer your ship away from these forums... I started playing right before "Salegate" and all the negativity I found on here almost got me to stop posting. Never came close to getting me to stop playing.

LOVE The Void. I want random space anoms in STO that send my ship spiraling out of control like during Voyager's first escape attempt.
Is it that bad? i just read a post with someone cursing in it. pretty over the top stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
welcome to STO. Avoid the forums, lol.