Lt. Commander
# 1 Iconia
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I never got past the psionic warriors in the part of the Iconia mission called "Survive the Gauntlet".
Since I now have 10 BO's, I replaced one away team member with a Vulcan and the fact I have MK IX weapons this time did not hurt; it gets me to the psionic warrior part faster. I still ended up getting killed, but the two Vulcans were the last to go. I think I have two more Vulcans available for the mission, so next time I try, my character will be the only non-Vulcan. Maybe an all Vulcan squad can take care of the psionic guy. I do have to make a trip to DS9 first, to get some shield energy and hypos, because I willl need them.

BTW how do I administer a hypo or shield energy boost to a BO without having the kit that does that? I mean quickly, when the one they have is exhausted.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2010, 09:57 AM
You can only provide heals to shield boosts to other toons if you have a kit for that. But you can equip your BOs with shield boosts and hypos, and they will use them appropriately. (Don't bother to give them food -- they will eat it all almost immediately.)

The first time I met those psionic guys, they wiped the floor with me. But once I knew how to spot them, they haven't been much of a problem. You just have to make sure your team is well-equipped, and get your BOs to fire on your target to take them out fast.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonboyDC View Post
You can only provide heals to shield boosts to other toons if you have a kit for that. But you can equip your BOs with shield boosts and hypos, and they will use them appropriately. (Don't bother to give them food -- they will eat it all almost immediately.)

The first time I met those psionic guys, they wiped the floor with me. But once I knew how to spot them, they haven't been much of a problem. You just have to make sure your team is well-equipped, and get your BOs to fire on your target to take them out fast.
I tried the mission again today and almost made it through the "Survive the Gauntlet" part. I gave one BO the "recharge shields" power and another the medical powers, including medical tricorder. Also, I used all Vulcans for this mission; 4 of my 10 BO's are Vulcans. I noticed just a couple of days ago that the Vulcan BO's are now using the mind meld ability to confuse enemies and they had never done that before.

I think I should hide behind objects when those psionic guys. I was right there in the open fighting them and they did not take me out first like they usually did. I used the shield recharge and medical tricorder to stay alive longer. Eventually, they did get me.