Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
No, it gives you access to post on the forums. It doesnt give you (or anyone) the right to say whatever you want or to troll or constantly post negative comments.
Technically, you have total freedom of speech anywhere you go. The only variable between places is if you're willing to accept the potential repercussions of using it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Technically, you have total freedom of speech anywhere you go. The only variable between places is if you're willing to accept the potential repercussions of using it.
Thats a lie. On the moon you can say anything you like!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
You should totally cite the Constitution and stuff here to really drive home your made up point.
also im a forum users, everything i say is out of jest anyway, though i would love to report this gm for doing a horendous job at sending infractions but alas theres no way of doing that anyway =/ back to prowling the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Thats a lie. On the moon you can say anything you like!!
Save one minor point... there is no air there in which to make a sound.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
i really like how incompitent the gm is that is giving me infractions, he/she/it doesnt even tell me what message or anything it's just blank. hope i get banned so i can get him/her fired for not even letting me know what i did wrong.
Same thing happened to me from GM "Phoxe"
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
No, it gives you access to post on the forums. It doesnt give you (or anyone) the right to say whatever you want or to troll or constantly post negative comments.
Whens the last time you seen a troll get the banhammer?

I cant tell you cause Im sure it doesnt happen often enough. What I do see is infractions against people for simple curse words or speaking out against something they dont like. Just because people disagree with a subject doesnt mean its inherently negative. Yet the GMs will slam infractions on people for some of the most outlandish of reasons.

I deserved my infraction. But seriously doubt the troll that was attempting to get me to blow my top. Which he was slightly successful in getting me to do. Recieved any infractions.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
1- This is Cryptics private forums. They dont need a reason.
2- There is no such thing as "free speech" on a private forum.
Just BECAUSE they can censor posts "should they"? It comes off rather restrictive and fascist to ban people for complaining about the quality of the game. I mean if someone was cursing or being vulgar I could understand, but a company silencing critcism just shows they arent willing to fix problems only cover them up
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
also im a forum users, everything i say is out of jest anyway, though i would love to report this gm for doing a horendous job at sending infractions but alas theres no way of doing that anyway =/ back to prowling the forums.
I actually told the GM that gave me the infraction I wanted to see proof that the troll got an infraction as well (which i can bet didnt happen) or Id be looking into reporting him to a superior. While it probably wouldnt do anything, if only I did it alone. If enough complaints came in about the same GM Im sure they'd be hardpressed to do something about the guy.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
Whens the last time you seen a troll get the banhammer?

2 on Sunday. DrDemento and Telelous (or something like that.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Just BECAUSE they can censor posts "should they"? It comes off rather restrictive and fascist to ban people for complaining about the quality of the game. I mean if someone was cursing or being vulgar I could understand, but a company silencing critcism just shows they arent willing to fix problems only cover them up

When people post nothing but negativity and add absolutely nothing constructive to their criticism then yes, they should get a vacation.
Closed Thread