Lt. Commander
# 121
03-15-2010, 04:54 AM
"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert A. Heinlein

"All throughout history, from Reuben to Robbins, redheads have been recognized as a rare breed. Blondes may have more fun, brunettes may be brainier, but when it comes down to raw energy, creativity, and personality ... you just can't beat a redhead well, you can, but beware ... she'll probably beat you back!" -Redheads Unlimited

redhead, reporting in.
mom, me, and my little brother are all redheads... well, lil' brother has taken to dying his hair black.
traitor.

also, is it true that if two redheaded people have a child together, that child wont have red hair? always wondered about that.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Depends on if the gene is recessive or not.
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Depends on if the gene is recessive or not.
I'm pretty sure redheadedness is a recessive gene. Explains why redheads are relatively rare.
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Best Redheads ... Aussies ...

though we're not a rare species down under ... more like a preyed upon species ... damn people here not liking redheads ...
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I'm pretty sure redheadedness is a recessive gene. Explains why redheads are relatively rare.
Redheads are only as rare as Hair Dye allows. True redheads are another matter, but considering its hard to find one without matching curtains to the carpet, their rarity might be due to other factors.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Redheadedness is most certainly a recessive gene, which gives two redheaded parents a (roughly) 50% chance to have redheaded offspring.

Which is why true redheads are so rare. Even if both parents are redheads, it's still a coin toss.

Which makes them all the more alluring.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Redheadedness is most certainly a recessive gene, which gives two redheaded parents a (roughly) 50% chance to have redheaded offspring.

Which is why true redheads are so rare. Even if both parents are redheads, it's still a coin toss.

Well then I am totally screwed cause I'm really the only redhead in my family accordingly to this as both my father and mother bother have dark brown hair ...

damn you genetics *shakes fists*
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

Very good point. I'm attracted to redheads for the same reason I'm attracted to anyone interesting- they stand out, and aren't like everyone else around them.
Lt. Commander
# 129
03-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Very good point. I'm attracted to redheads for the same reason I'm attracted to anyone interesting- they stand out, and aren't like everyone else around them.
Meh, redheads don't do it for me. I like that strait black hair, with red lines in it. Oh baby, thats sexy
Lt. Commander
# 130
03-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Chat mentioned he/she wasn't sure if he/she was a he or a she. I think we'll need to see those muffins he/she has on his/her chest in order to form a conclusive opinion.