Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I wouldn't care so much about a solution, so long as the complaint was presented maturely, without a tone of immediacy, since no MMO rolls out fixes quickly.
Agree, I don't think cryptic have a problem with complaints either, it's in their interest to listen and take note.

I also very much agree with your earlier comment, it's one thing offering fair and balanced criticism, it's an entirely different thing threatening to bump threads until a reply is received or repeating the same points over and over again. That's one thing guaranteed to turn me off a thread.

"I want this fixed and I want it fixed now", doesn't help anything and is just irritating.

"I have been having some problems with or dislike (insert issue) and was thinking a good solution would be (insert suggestion)...discuess". Much more credible and constructive.

The way people carry on on this forum is pretty pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechplastik View Post
Agree, I don't think cryptic have a problem with complaints either, it's in their interest to listen and take note.

I also very much agree with your earlier comment, it's one thing offering fair and balanced criticism, it's an entirely different thing threatening to bump threads until a reply is received or repeating the same points over and over again. That's one thing guaranteed to turn me off a thread.

"I want this fixed and I want it fixed now", doesn't help anything and is just irritating.

"I have been having some problems with or dislike (insert issue) and was thinking a good solution would be (insert suggestion)...discuess". Much more credible and constructive.

The way people carry on on this forum is pretty pathetic.
Agreed, but a lot of the topics made in the second vein you described get shut off, too, because they almost invariably end up with a flame war.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Agreed, but a lot of the topics made in the second vein you described get shut off, too, because they almost invariably end up with a flame war.
Hence the last line of my post. Like banging your head off a brick wall sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
This thread is flame-bait, I'm closing it.
Closed Thread