Lt. Commander
I seen 5 posters get banned so far out of the 5 posters one actually deserved it, the other 4 just posting how they feel. No real reason to get banned.

I dont know what to think of that.........
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh boy... Here we go again. :p

We are not supposed to discuss moderation here on the forum

In before lock... no I don't mean warlocks...

well maybe..
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
In before lock... no I don't mean warlocks.
Oath breaker?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tention
I seen 5 posters get banned so far out of the 5 posters one actually deserved it, the other 4 just posting how they feel. No real reason to get banned.

Yes! and you are next!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
FYI: http://www.atari.com/support/contact

YES it says at the top "Technical, In-game support and Beta Access questions for Star Trek Online is handled by the Cryptic Studios Support Team", but in my experience they have no issue with helping you with problems with Moderators or GMs. They DO read what you send and they will get back to you.

In my opinion, Atari possesses the business sense, customer service mindset and legal savvy to realize that making a very public move such as deleting or editing a member's post without just cause could, from a certain point of view, constitute defamation since the rest of the community can plainly see that such an action was taken. Thus, leaving the company and the Moderator or GM in a very actionable position.

Some Trekkies are also attorneys.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
You're free to speak your mind if you do so in a polite and constructive way.

Complaining about forum moderation is not such a way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tention

Think of it this way: there are some ways to offer constructive criticism, and some ways to offer non-constructive criticism. The latter is prone to either be a troll post, or will attract troll posts (regardless of it was the intent of the OP to do so or not).

These forums have strict guidelines against trolling, flaming, non-constructive posting, and the like. Ultimately, what does and doesn't fall under these categories is subjective to the person moderating.

Nevertheless, these are Cryptic's forums and Cryptic's forum rules. Everyone abides by these rules when they post. Paying a monthly or lifetime subscription does not entitle anyone to post whatever they want, just as harassment in the game itself is not an entitlement of a subscription. If the mod thinks the thread needs to be removed, they make the call.

That being said, there are plenty of other game-related sites with their own forums, in which you may be able to speak more of what's on your mind.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
It's going to come as a complete suprise too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah speaking about moderation is bad... at least use satire to try to cover yourself :/
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSorce View Post
FYI: http://www.atari.com/support/contact

YES it says at the top "Technical, In-game support and Beta Access questions for Star Trek Online is handled by the Cryptic Studios Support Team", but in my experience they have no issue with helping you with problems with Moderators or GMs. They DO read what you send and they will get back to you.

In my opinion, Atari possesses the business sense, customer service mindset and legal savvy to realize that making a very public move such as deleting or editing a member's post without just cause could, from a certain point of view, constitute defamation since the rest of the community can plainly see that such an action was taken. Thus, leaving the company and the Moderator or GM in a very actionable position.

Some Trekkies are also attorneys.
Its just too bad the laws of the united states of america dont apply to the cryptic private forums eh?

try sayin what u like in my house, ill kick you out on ur a55. have fun tryin to sue me for it.
Closed Thread