Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41 Potholes in virtual space.
03-20-2011, 08:58 PM
I seem to keep getting stuck in virtual potholes in space.
They seem to center around the sol system and Sirius Sector space. I don't know why, but I get the "Unable to connect to server" message after this area tries to load for approximately 15% of the way. After being unable to connect to the server it logs me out.
My son's character is not having this problem and is able to log in normally on either of our home computers. Ironically my character is locked out on either machine. It seems the trouble is centered around the character's location rather than anything regarding the video processing ability of either computer.
Now when trouble tickets are opened the solution is for tech support to place my character in a system far far away from the incident and it seems all is well.
Only it's not well. I do have some business to do in the sol system periodically, so this is the third time I'm cast into server connection limbo.

Anyone else caught in a pothole?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42 Sniper Rifle / Eng Turret
04-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I have come across this problem quite a few times. It seems to occur mostly on the Cure maps. My char becomes stuck in a firing mode(red line from weapon to ground) which renders the char unable to do anything. Let me just say warping out and back in is NOT my idea of fun when you spawn back the beginning and you have to run all the way back to the 3rd or 4th gate through all the borg that have re-spawn. The Eng gets stuck in the endless loop of trying to deploy turrets.

I have found a fix for this that in my option works better then anything I found here. Simply log off and back on again. I don't have to run back across map or start the mission over. I am not sure if this would help the people stuck in space as this hasn't happen to me.....yet. I just thought I would pass on the info in hopes it helps people have less headaches while playing. Thank you and have a nice day
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello,

My character (Chris@2007-2007) is unable to transport to any maps at all. This is the second time in two days. Problem happens when trying to go back to Pi Canis sector (Lauretian Planet-Breaking the planet fleet action). It happened twice already and cannot get character into the planet. Now character is unable to transfer to any maps.

The first time it happened, tech support put me back in earth space dock to reset and was able to transfer to other maps. However, I went back to Pi canis to finish up my mission and could not transfer into planet at all. Now I cannot transfer anywhere again. This is weird since it happened twice. What is the reason that keeps coming back? Probably the instance is corrupted and if so how do I reset it since there's no other instance. Perhaps an item caused the crash. Please anyone help!

Thanks,
CHRIS@2007-2007
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
If you can''t fix stuck issues after a year, why are you making new content?

An hour of my time is worth 40 bucks, please give me that in Atari tokens or whatever.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
06-02-2011, 06:59 AM
My character, MacReynolds, was put into an empty ground map when I attempted to run a UGC mission called "Raptor's Cage." He and his bridge bunnies are currently in a light blue void, oh-so-helpfully named "EmptyMap" and have been since last Friday. I can transfer to my bridge, but all varieties of leaving the ship interior return me to this ground-based "EmptyMap." The Abort Mission button is greyed out. There are no other instances to transfer to, perhaps unsurprisingly. My attempt to file a GM ticket got a simple rehashing of the OP via in-game mail, and I don't know if my attempt to reply to it with an explanation of my situation actually did anything or will garner any sort of helpful response.

Mac has now missed out on the emblem rewards for the remastered missions. This does not give me a happy. I realize that as an LTSer, I can't even play the card of "I'll drop my subscription" (and get the inevitable "can I has ur stuffs?" reply), but having a character stuck and out of action for nearly a week is a little ridiculous. To say I'm getting a little frustrated at the whole situation is putting it a bit mildly.

Please, Cryptic, give a guy a hand here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
06-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
My character, MacReynolds, was put into an empty ground map when I attempted to run a UGC mission called "Raptor's Cage." He and his bridge bunnies are currently in a light blue void, oh-so-helpfully named "EmptyMap" and have been since last Friday. I can transfer to my bridge, but all varieties of leaving the ship interior return me to this ground-based "EmptyMap." The Abort Mission button is greyed out. There are no other instances to transfer to, perhaps unsurprisingly. My attempt to file a GM ticket got a simple rehashing of the OP via in-game mail, and I don't know if my attempt to reply to it with an explanation of my situation actually did anything or will garner any sort of helpful response.

Mac has now missed out on the emblem rewards for the remastered missions. This does not give me a happy. I realize that as an LTSer, I can't even play the card of "I'll drop my subscription" (and get the inevitable "can I has ur stuffs?" reply), but having a character stuck and out of action for nearly a week is a little ridiculous. To say I'm getting a little frustrated at the whole situation is putting it a bit mildly.

Please, Cryptic, give a guy a hand here.
The quickest way to get help with this type of problem is to submit an In-Game GM Ticket. If you did already, you should post the ticket number here to carry the continuity of the effort to help you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
The quickest way to get help with this type of problem is to submit an In-Game GM Ticket. If you did already, you should post the ticket number here to carry the continuity of the effort to help you.
Is there a way to look that up? I don't see anything, in or out of game, that lists GM tickets. Or should I just file another? Maybe a bug report, instead, as it would give me a better chance to give details...

UPDATE: Decided to go ahead and refile a ticket on it, this time via the "Character" category as it actually allowed me to expand on the situation.

Quote:
[20:58] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,122,120.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
06-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Is there a way to look that up? I don't see anything, in or out of game, that lists GM tickets. Or should I just file another? Maybe a bug report, instead, as it would give me a better chance to give details...

UPDATE: Decided to go ahead and refile a ticket on it, this time via the "Character" category as it actually allowed me to expand on the situation.
Sorry, I missed your post for more info. Under the ("?") on the mini map, you can View Your submitted GM Tickets.

On this Forum Page, Upper Right Corner, "My Account" will take you to links to show your submitted GM Tickets also.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
06-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
It opens the normal Stuck ticket interface, but most of the time you can't actually submit a GM ticket. It closes the window and silently fails to submit the ticket. Please don't use this until it gets fixed.
Has this been fixed meanwhile? Because if I use the stuck ticket interface, the game demands the name of the character that is stuck and after that I receive a chatmessage, that says: "Succesfully submitted ticket ID #xxxxxxxx". But when I open my "View my tickets"-tab, it doesn't show me anything.


My problem is, that my Orion charatcer cannot leave the Halls of Qo'Nos. Whenever I try to get out, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

I already filed a "usual" ticket with the problem, but the GM, who answered it, just gave me the same tips listed on the first page of this thread, which didn't help.

Now I don't know what else to do and what more info he needs other than that my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

I also tried a few trivial things, like changing my ship, clothes, haircut, waited for Q's XP-Buff to expire etc. But the problem remains. My Orion character is still stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".


Sorry, if I sound a bit cynical, but the GM, who answered my ticket, also gave me the hint, that I could abort the mission, when I am stuck there. If he had read the ticket carefully, he would've known that this was not the reason I filed a GM ticket. The reason was and still is, that my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".


I am really disappointed, because I was looking forward to the XP-Buff weekend to finally get a KDF-toon up to Brigadier General. But now couldn't benefit from that event because since yesterday morning my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

Regards from a stcuk Orion character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I was curious if this was happening to anyone else...

I am encountering a bizarre spawn glitch on Tribble when I return from any system or encounter map back into open sector space. I'll re-spawn at the same point I originally entered the sector (usually Sol System, but its been the Regulus border too... regardless of what system or DSE I was exiting) with about Z+ 10 LY. When I try to descend back to where the systems are, I usually make it about 0.5 LY and suddenly my ship stops and acts like it is stuck.

/stuck does not have any effect. Just reports something to the effect of "does not function here." Logging out of the game and back in usually returns me to the usual altitude in sector space and I re-aquire full control over my ship... but I'm still all the way back at Sol or wherever.

Though not completely debilitating, it is incredibly annoying. Basically I have to log out of the game after every instance of a patrol mission or DES...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.