Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Every week, I will post an update on the issues that the GM team has been tracking during the previous week, with the current status of each issue. This list is by no means exhaustive, and it will often not include key issues already being addressed by the developers elsewhere on the forums. There will be some overlap, but our emphasis is always on how much each issue is impacting you, the players.

Here are some helpful links:
Top Issues 3-2-10
Engineering Report 3-3-10
Engineering Report 3-11-10
Here are the issues we've been following over the last week:

Running the command /killme does not submit a GM ticket!
This is still an issue, but it is one that the dev team takes seriously and is working to fix as quickly as possible. Here's the issue: If you get stuck and type /stuck, the game will nudge your character a few feet to a safe location. Most of the time, this is all you need to free yourself from getting stuck in geometry. If you type /stuck a second time, it will prompt you to type /killme, which brings up the Stuck window. This has some useful self-help buttons and a way to submit a Stuck ticket to ask for GM help.

The problem is that it doesn't actually submit a ticket if you ask it to. I have no idea how many of you might have done this and been worried or confused because we didn't answer your ticket, and that is upsetting to think about. Unfortunately we have not been able to simply disable the command, but we hope to have the command fixed as quickly as possible. You can still see the self-help options and submit a GM Stuck ticket from the Help and Support menu on your mini-map.

Trapped: Debris from the wormhole can get players stuck
As funny as this may sound, getting stuck in a mission called Trapped, it's actually a big deal, and it's been sent to the developers. The problem is that, once stuck, our self-help utilities often don't work to help you get unstuck in this mission. The current workaround is to log out of the game for a little while while the instance resets itself, usually after 15 minutes. When you come back, you should be in the next stage of the mission, and good to go. However, we hate asking players to log out, since it's no fun at all and ruins the flow of the game. The dev team is looking closely at this issue and hopes to have it fixed quickly.

Preemptive Strike: Behind Enemy Lines: Can't rescue last prisoner
Our developers are aware of this issue and are working to have the fix tested and in soon.

Divide et Impera: Admiral Zelle becoming unresponsive
Admiral Zelle has been behaving erratically for a while. There are a couple of situations where she can become unresponsive before transforming into an Undine, as well as after her transformation. A partial fix is currently in testing, and the dev team is working to resolve remaining issues.

Cage of Fire/Bajoran Fire Caves
Yeah, the pathing in this mission isn't good, and that isn't the only issue you've been reporting. The developers are very aware of the various challenges with this mission and have been actively reviewing/fixing each one. There are fixes currently in testing which should hopefully resolve the majority of issues. Keep an eye on the patch notes for when this goes in!

Scientist rank 9 does not unlock Science Team III
This actually comes down to a UI/labeling issue. Although the UI states that it's Scientist rank 9 that unlocks the ability to train this power, it's currently being unlocked by Doctor rank 9. The fix for this is currently in testing and should go live soon. At that time, Scientiest rank 9 will correctly unlock Science Team III. Until it's in, please bear with us with the confusing labeling. Also, remember that you can only train class-specific skills to bridge officers if you are of the appropriate class. We are looking into how to communicate this more clearly.

Line in the Sand: Getting secondary version after the tutorial ends
This issue does not actually break the game, however it is highly reported. The developers are taking a closer look at what might be causing this, and ways to correct it. For now, the primary impact is that this mission continues to clutter up the mission tracker and cannot be dropped.

Unable to collect items from loot window
This has been a difficult issue to track down, but has been widely reported. Players report issues taking all items from loot windows on everything from space anomalies to enemy drops. It is currently being investigated by QA and the dev team.

Badlands: Losing progress when prompted to leave to Sector Space
We thought this got fixed a few patches ago, but it has become clear that it is still happening for some players. This mission is being investigated further so we can get this actually fixed.

Improvements to self-help options for the Stuck UI
Not exactly a bug, but we've been working to improve and clarify the self-help options available if you get stuck. We hope to clear up confusion and encourage the use of self-help tools, to get you back in game more quickly and with less inconvenience.

Various missions losing progress
This is a rather sticky issue, or rather group of issues. There are several missions we've seen reports of that have the nasty habit of losing your progress after telling you they are done, and telling you to move on, or leave to sector space. Generally, they will revert to saying only 2 or 3 mission stages are done, or even prompting you to start over. We're working to identify each mission where this occurs, identify any key reproduction steps, and escalate each one to the developers to fix. Progress will be slow on getting every last one of them fixed, but so far several have been. If you have this happen to you, please try the mission again a second time. If the mission fails again but does not block your forward progression, please submit a bug report and move on. Hopefully we'll have most of these dealt with swiftly.

Fixed from previous list
  • Promotion missions not completing
  • Doomdsay Device not completing
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Kudos to the Dev Team in general for keeping we players informed about these issues. I know it's a time investment on your part, but I really appreciate this type of communication. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
I laughed when I read this. I have experienced them all. Glad to know that they are being worked on!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Line in the Sand: Getting secondary version after the tutorial ends
This issue does not actually break the game, however it is highly reported. The developers are taking a closer look at what might be causing this, and ways to correct it. For now, the primary impact is that this mission continues to clutter up the mission tracker and cannot be dropped.
I ran into this bug numerous times in live and in beta. My experience has been that it only occurs if you happen to be grouped with another player at the time of entering the instance this mission takes place in. This is all a guess based on repeated observation, but I believe what happens is that one party member (Player A) enters the instance and starts going through the mission dialogue before the other player (Player B) arrives (usually because of slower loading times). When Player B arrives, s/he is greeted with the dialogue screen that's already in progress for Player A, at which point s/he also accepts the mission.

Once both players have defeated the sphere and cube as per the objective, Player B will be contacted again with his own personal copy of the mission briefing (which I assume s/he didn't receive upon entering the instance because the dialogue was already in progress from Player A's speedier arrival). Player B can actually kill another sphere + cube to get credit for completing the mission twice before leaving the instance to head to Earth for the first time, although the second time the mission is completed it rewards slightly fewer skill points. If s/he fails to kill another sphere+cube before leaving the second copy of the mission is never completed and it remains stuck in the log.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
This has been a difficult issue to track down, but has been widely reported. Players report issues taking all items from loot windows on everything from space anomalies to enemy drops. It is currently being investigated by QA and the dev team.
I had this happen to me yesterday. I had 1 slot in my inventory open, and got a drop with two items. I clicked on Take All, and it only took 1 item as expected, and told my my inventory was full for the second (again, as expected). I then cleared out inventory space, and attempted to take the item again, but the Take All button didn't do anything (no error message, just nothing). I was able to take the item by double clicking on the item. Hopefully that helps, I'll try and see if this repos it on Tribble, and file a bug if it does.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2010, 09:03 AM
"Scientist rank 9 does not unlock Science Team III
...At that time, Scientiest rank 9 will correctly unlock Science Team III."

Will Doctor still unlock Science Team III as well or will all of us Scientists with Doctor 9 have to respec?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Would like to see Infected not giving mission credit be added to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Drones 9 gets you Train Drones I instead of Train Drones III as advertised.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovive
Would like to see Infected not giving mission credit be added to the list.
We've been looking into the impact of this problem and have escalated it to the dev team to investigate further.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Potential Workarounds: Double-click the loot item instead of the Take or Take All action buttons. In many cases this will allow you to claim and receive the item(s). I've also had some success leaving a drop container and moving out of pickup range for a few minutes, moving back into pickup range and then being able to claim the item immediately.
Closed Thread