Lt. Commander
... to include torpedo weapons like the HY Plasma Torpedo or the Tricobalt Device fired from the same ship that jammed the sensors. Currently, targetable projectiles are either shot down shortly after launch, which renders them completely useless, or work as some sort of suicide bomber weapons, in that you have to touch hulls with the enemy ship, then drop your torpedo, and watch both ships go boom. The enemy ship is killed by your torpedo, you are killed by the core breach of the enemy ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
or you could learn how to get your weapons through.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Please enlighten me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 03:03 AM
I use one beam 3 different torps save tricobalt until 1.5k or less pop mines out of the back just before fring. Enemy ship will target mines first if you do it right. before they can take out all five mines torp hits normally followed by at least 2 mines. As soon as you fire boost forward shilelds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Give them something else to target... I'll try that, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Tricobalt/Heavy Plasma will get shot down 90% of the time in PvP (make that 99% of the time if they have a point defence turret from pre-order installed) and realistically only hits the target if in a large swirling confused dogfight the target just does not notice it coming in the confusion (that happened to me the other night)... we do NOT need something that makes it even harder to use these weapons. I think it is just fine as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Experiment and adapt. Thats how I came up with punching mines out before fring the tricobalt. I am a tac officer flying a cruiser, you know the ones that can't turn and are reckoned to be crap in PVP.
I love it because they think they have an easy target yet I rarely die in PVP destroy quite a few ships and haven't been on the losing side yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 04:22 PM
My Heavy Plasma torp fired off my BoP hits a lot. Its an aft tube, I use it at very close range as Im turning away or over-flying a target. Before they realize its out, its already about to impact. It does a wonderful amount of damage. It cripples hulls f the shiels are down, it dramatically decreases shields if they are up. My next pass or the group does the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
why would u use it? when i solo a cruiser (fed version) from shield to death takes about 42k i find a single quant/rf2 will drop one side shieds once the first torp is away hit hy2 (not tac or i might use a 3) and the hy salvo hits the hull scan about for nxt target/danger while waiting for cloak timer to refreash. one dead fed. i do run with 2 torps tho so i dont have to wait too long for the hy to fire