Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Yes it sucks sometimes getting killed in 1.5 seconds flat but man it is a good time.

Yep a lot of people cry when they lose, and it makes me smile. Don't like what I am doing to you, then do it back, give it a try and see how you like it.

It also sucks getting spawned into the wall. Don't be a jerk and shoot people while they can't hit you. Log out and then come back in to get respawned. Yes you are EXPLOITING a game bug to your advantage, in other words a cheater.

People hate the expose/exploit system but I love it. It makes those people that are otherwise unkillable, killable. It sucks when they have 49 buffs and 5 people barely put a dent in them, one well placed expose will do them in.

With the upcoming change I read something about a global cooldown for secondary attacks, it will really give those guys a ticket to be invincible.

If you don't like the system don't play it, and dont cry when you come in expecting it to be easy, it ain't easy. It takes practice. it takes learrning the system. If you want to be good, do some google searches and grab some pointers on how to do things better.

Sure there are rounds I just get spanked by the opposition, I try to learn what I did wrong and move on, jump in the queue and do it all over again.

Give it try and remember, its just a game. Have fun with it.

I LOVE GROUND PVP JUST THE WAY IT IS!!

Thanks for reading, and have a pleasant day.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't know what made you post this, something exciting must've happened.

I have BG5 klingon tact, RA5 Tact, RA3 Sci.

Anyways heres my thought. When I play my Klingon, it is complete and total destruction of the Blue Team, 99% of the time.

When I play my RAz, it is complete and total destruction of the Blue Team, 99% of the time. :p

Is it because players do not know how to play? is it the traits that klingon's species, and aliens can have or already have? Is it the aggressive play style of one side versus the other? Is it that most fed players have points in space, then ground. (my RA5 has point is space skills, none in ground, and gets kicked to the curb allll night long, in ground pvp, on the flip side my BG5 has skills in ground, and can do drive by'z every minute, and can handle space matches pretty good too. Must be that cloak )

Yes, sportmanship is noticeable in these ground matches, and players will utilize the tools available to win.

So if you are Fed getting stunned constantly to no end till ur exposed...well...good luck.

So if you are Kling getting stunned constantly to no end till ur exposed...well...good luck.

Either side, it really sucks to be on the recieveing end of constant weapon stuns, with no real resistance or immunity...yes it really blowz. Believe me it really is a downer. It really makes the match into "first stun, wins"

On the other hand, OP stated it, if ur not enjoying the match, leave. Don't cry, don't whine, don't be that poor spoiled sport loser. If you have something creative to say or a suggestion, post it here on the forums.

Of course if its me, I would just QQ for the fun of it, while on the fed side, to get them allll riled up...its quite entertaining. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Agreed, Seeto.

I absolutely love the ground PvP system for all the same reasons you do. It is honestly some of the most fun I have ever had PvPing in any game. Trying to figure out how to best deal with that pesky engineer with fuse armor and weapon malfunction can be quite the challenge and super entertaining.

A lot of people don't seem to like the ground PvP, but I suspect it is just because they aren't very good at it...the same reason I don't like space PvP very much, lol.

I am a groundy and love it
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Agree. I am having a great time in ground PvP.

As an Klingon engineer itís loads of fun when outnumbered and getting gank. I try to find a defendable spot, setup a bunker, and see how long I can hold out. I was quite proud of myself yesterday, was in a 3v1 and I was able to scored 4 kills to their 15 before I got another team member.

In another match, 4v1 I found the right spot and a rotation of skills for the group I was playing against. They could not kill me. I laughed for a few minutes, then let them kill me. Of course I paid for it and it has not happened since.

I have also been in a few full matches where both teams were organized, communicating, and knew what they were doing. Wow those are really fun, drawn out, and a great challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeto
It also sucks getting spawned into the wall. Don't be a jerk and shoot people while they can't hit you. Log out and then come back in to get respawned.
Alas this does not work every time. I already happened to me, that when logging back in I was removed from the zone, because someone else meanwhile took my place.

But aside that overly annyoing bug - that persists since beta, I may add - I also like ground PvP. If the 40 kills were reduced to 25 and if there was a diminishing return on holds, I would like it even more.

For me it's highly entertaining, because I am a scientist with points in everything related to stasis field and heal. And my brother, a tactican, is on my side most of the time, bat'leth swinging out of stealth.

And the comments we have to read sometimes make me smile too, like the OP.

What PvP changes are we talking about? I can't recall reading anything in the news.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Stupid question maybe. How many skills points do you guys have invested in ground skills to be decent at the ground PvP? Most of mine are in the space skills.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Stupid question maybe. How many skills points do you guys have invested in ground skills to be decent at the ground PvP? Most of mine are in the space skills.
I invest in all ground skills first and then space skills as I do not space pvp. I do not know what the minimum level is needed to make you decent at PVP. I use the mindset of more is better.

Skills are helpful but practice makes perfect, over time you see things that you remember for the next match and can use to your advantage.

Good Luck, and if you have any other questions please ask away.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf68 View Post
Alas this does not work every time. I already happened to me, that when logging back in I was removed from the zone, because someone else meanwhile took my place.

But aside that overly annyoing bug - that persists since beta, I may add - I also like ground PvP. If the 40 kills were reduced to 25 and if there was a diminishing return on holds, I would like it even more.

For me it's highly entertaining, because I am a scientist with points in everything related to stasis field and heal. And my brother, a tactican, is on my side most of the time, bat'leth swinging out of stealth.

And the comments we have to read sometimes make me smile too, like the OP.

What PvP changes are we talking about? I can't recall reading anything in the news.
You are correct, people do sometimes take your spot. I look at it like this, if I am in the wall and the match is just about over I stay there, I do not shoot even if my team says I am not doing anything. I do not like to known as a cheater, I play fair and play by the rules within the game.

I just hate when people are in the wall talking crap shooting you, I guess some people just don't care that they are cheating. Some on the other hand do not think of it as cheating, but exploiting is using a game bug to your advantage aka cheating.

Just a pet peeve of mine I guess.

As for the diminishing holds, I swear this is in game and works. I play science officer so I am constantly holding people, and by the third time it only last a fraction of the time. I think the problem is you die so quickly usually that the diminishing system never really takes effect as it seems to resest when you respawn.

The changes they are testing are a global cooldown on secondary (exploit and expose) attacks. So that you may not use 2 exploit (or expose) attacks in a row (my understanding of it) This is not good for science as we have so many expose attacks that can really get you out of a jam, my opinion its a horrible idea as per my reason above.

Thank you for your comments and game on!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeto
You are correct, people do sometimes take your spot. I look at it like this, if I am in the wall and the match is just about over I stay there, I do not shoot even if my team says I am not doing anything. I do not like to known as a cheater, I play fair and play by the rules within the game.

I just hate when people are in the wall talking crap shooting you, I guess some people just don't care that they are cheating. Some on the other hand do not think of it as cheating, but exploiting is using a game bug to your advantage aka cheating.

Just a pet peeve of mine I guess.

As for the diminishing holds, I swear this is in game and works. I play science officer so I am constantly holding people, and by the third time it only last a fraction of the time. I think the problem is you die so quickly usually that the diminishing system never really takes effect as it seems to resest when you respawn.

The changes they are testing are a global cooldown on secondary (exploit and expose) attacks. So that you may not use 2 exploit (or expose) attacks in a row (my understanding of it) This is not good for science as we have so many expose attacks that can really get you out of a jam, my opinion its a horrible idea as per my reason above.

Thank you for your comments and game on!

From what I understand, it is for weapons only and not the kit abilities. Doing that to the kit abilities would just be silly...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post

I don't play a fed so I have no idea how difficult this would be on you however as a Klingon you should take all the resist that you can.

It is recomended that you make an alien so you can grab all the hit point and resist that you can possibly grab. Then at character creation you just make your guy look like a Klingon.

The ground abilities have a much larger impact in the long run then the space abilities do anyway. Assuming you pvp.

Vllad