Lt. Commander
tonight my buddies in the fleet and i went to do the infected like we've been doing since launch.

1st let me just say that the borgs random aggro is just plain annoying we had two tactical officers doing draw fire and they were still firing randomly at people trying to use the access panels to take down the shields

2nd the firing was so random infact that we couldnt get across the acid to get over to the next one without being shot off of our jump right into the acid

3rd when we finally did get the shields down the viruses uploaded and the boss came after us, suddenly she can instantly wipe everyone. her plasma attack originally taking down our personal shields only, now does massive damage to everyone no matter where we are in the room, in view of her or not, near anyone else or not. this happened all four times. everyone died so fast that we could not possibly get everyone back up fast enough to finish her off.

the reasons we know she is now bugged?

1: three of us have purple personal shields and purple personal armor.

2: we have run her before just last night in fact, right before the patch was loaded on march 8th and she didn't take us all down instantly like shes doing now. she would still be a challenge but not instant death.

3: when she hit us the last time, i was hiding behind a cover shield and a wall, one of our team was in the middle platform behind where the middle shield used to be and the other people in the group were on the last platform, one of which was completely behind the node they uploaded the final virus to. she attacked me with the blast which then went through the wall, under the platform and through the boxes to the other team mates. the only one to survive was clear across the room behind the node we loaded the virus to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I dd her twice today and she was really a *****. Whatever that spell she uses to make a living conduit from one from team members really sucks, its insta kills 3 out of 5 and leaves the rest with less then 50% health.

The actual virus upload was a cake and easy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
The Borg Queen isn't in this episode, that's 4 episodes away.

Rebecca has always had a devastating AoE. I've had on my 520 shield, and omega energy dampening armor with the Zinc tribble resist, and she's left me with 1/4 health from full shields.

She uses attacks which most people aren't setup for, such as electrical and antiproton. There are resistance powers that will help mitigate that damage. If your group hasn't found a way to mitigate her damage types, or she catches you exposed, or she gets a critical, you're gonna take a nap.

If you're group has no science officer, you have to be especially prepared for her. People without devices and other methods of self preservation are going to struggle alot.

Her random aggro is nothing new to boss encounters. It can be your savior or your death. It's a good mechanic to prevent boring tank and spank encounters.

I have completed it twice since the last patch, and not noticed any ninja changes. You can watch my video, or any of the other videos post 3/8 to verifty that.

When Cryptic said you'll also need a little "luck" to beat her, I'm sure they were referring to some of these things.

I don't think there are any "bugs" for the "devs" to notice. Everything seems to be "working as intented". Keep trying!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
all i know bud is she didnt do that much damage . nothing was broken in that instance and then suddenly she's killing everyone instantly no matter where we are. we had a healer and a tatical both using their aoe heals (you know the ones that heal you no matter where you are in the room) and medical generators up as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
tonight my buddies in the fleet and i went to do the infected like we've been doing since launch.

1st let me just say that the borgs random aggro is just plain annoying we had two tactical officers doing draw fire and they were still firing randomly at people trying to use the access panels to take down the shields

2nd the firing was so random infact that we couldnt get across the acid to get over to the next one without being shot off of our jump right into the acid

3rd when we finally did get the shields down the viruses uploaded and the boss came after us, suddenly she can instantly wipe everyone. her plasma attack originally taking down our personal shields only, now does massive damage to everyone no matter where we are in the room, in view of her or not, near anyone else or not. this happened all four times. everyone died so fast that we could not possibly get everyone back up fast enough to finish her off.

the reasons we know she is now bugged?

1: three of us have purple personal shields and purple personal armor.

2: we have run her before just last night in fact, right before the patch was loaded on march 8th and she didn't take us all down instantly like shes doing now. she would still be a challenge but not instant death.

3: when she hit us the last time, i was hiding behind a cover shield and a wall, one of our team was in the middle platform behind where the middle shield used to be and the other people in the group were on the last platform, one of which was completely behind the node they uploaded the final virus to. she attacked me with the blast which then went through the wall, under the platform and through the boxes to the other team mates. the only one to survive was clear across the room behind the node we loaded the virus to.
So your total lack of understanding of the encounter constitutes a bug? Don't attack her if you have the dot. Stay clustered with your group so you can get off the quick rez that is needed. Make sure you have a sci healer and a tac squad heal and this is almost too easy.

There are some real bugs here though. The other night Rebecca got stuck in the wall on the right side of the room and was really hard to target. She continued to do damage to our group but we still killed her. The next night she got stuck in the shield at the doorway and was bouncing in and out of the shield to attack one of the group who got knocked through the shield . Eventually 3 more of the group got knocked through the shield because of an engineer shield bouncing us out. This left 1 tac officer inside who kept stealthing up when health got too low then she would try to aggro those of us behind the shield until he unstealthed. All in all pretty funny because we killed her both times, but these are the real bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Not bugged
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I have completed this mission since the patch and if it's not been figured out it is possible to avoid the massive damage you speak of. My team consisted of 2 engies and 3 tac officers and when fighting the boss in last room there was only 1 fatality (namely me as I initiated initial contact on her). I was clustered with my grp at the time and I nor my grp took massive AoE damage and I only died because she focused her attack on me. With proper use of skills you can prevent her from doing the massive AoE damage and miigate alot of her damage. I could write a spoiler of exactly what skills and tactics my grp used but that would really ruin the challenge for others to figure out how to beat her. In short she's not a pushover however she's not the death machine being described and can be done even without a science captain for heals. Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2010, 05:32 PM
As an engineer, I find Cover Shield to be a big help in the fight. Most of her attacks will not hit you from behind the cover shield. This gives you time to Heal/Shield yourself back up. We usually have whoever has aggro move behind the shield. She'll still focus on that person for a bit even though she can't do much of anything to them. This gives the rest of the team time to hit her safely. Once she targets someone else, that person moves behind the shield. Doing this pretty much negates all of her single target damage and you really only have to worry about her AoE damage.

Everyone needs to be able to heal themselves. Hypos/shield charges are a must. You can buy the medium and large ones at DS9. Science players need to bring a good Heal kit. Tacticals can either bring a kit with Rally Call for a group heal or go with the kit that has Draw Fire to hold aggro. Engineers should either bring their Bunker Fort kits for Med/Shield/Turret/Bubble or go with the kit that has Combat supply and Shield Heal.

The first twenty or so seconds of fighting her is usually the hard part. If your group can get by that, you pretty much have her beat. She seems to get less dangerous as the fight goes on.

For example, I ran this with a couple fleetmates and two random people today. The fight with Rebecca started off badly and everyone died except me. From behind a cover shield, I quickly got our Science player back up. She stayed behind the shield and healed up while I spent some time shooting the boss. By this point the boss had pretty well stopped going crazy with her AoE. Once we were both in good shape, we moved onto getting the rest of the team up. We finished the boss off shortly after that. Basically, if you can survive the first little bit of the fight and recover your team, the rest is smooth sailing.