Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Memo to Mine spammers
03-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Listen all you (mostly fed) mine spammers, please stop. Just stop. I know somehow youve convinced yourself that the massive spam distracts people or you have some super tactic for using mines..but your wrong.

Mines are just clutter. I dont think ive ever seen them employed in anything approaching a useful manner, last night I was even in a situation of having to chase a mine spammer around and he got to have that nirvana moment of dumping mines on me over and over again, and it didnt save him or even seriously injure me, they basically bounced off my shields. Mines are useless. Seriously find something useful for that weapons slot. Another torpedo, more beams, a turret, some guy throwing lettuce at pursuing Klings, almost anything you can imagine would be better than mines.

And no dont just stop because it annoys me when I play my Kling and have to look at all your usless spam (which doesnt stop us from killing you) but more importantly because when I play my fed, I want to win and you wasting a weapons slot makes that more difficult.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-10-2010, 02:44 AM
would you like some cheese with that whine?

edited to add: No i actually don't use mines but sheeesh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Yes I would. I went through one to many mine orgies last night and im just sick of it. A ton of people havent gotten the memo that mines are useless..so in the spirit of community im providing it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Mines are great, if utilized well. YOu just need to combine them with other skills to suplement your overall strategy. Beside, if they are so bad, why are you QQing about them on forums ? seems kinda confusing to me.

Mines are useless in useless hands or with bad aproach only. If you think a turret is better than mine launcher with dispersal pattern, you are mistaken.

Beside, you cant really spam them, as 2 launchers is max you can utilize. And dispersal patterns are on 45s cooldown, while normal drops from 12-16s.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Mines are great, if utilized well. YOu just need to combine them with other skills to suplement your overall strategy. Beside, if they are so bad, why are you QQing about them on forums ? seems kinda confusing to me.

Mines are useless in useless hands or with bad aproach only. If you think a turret is better than mine launcher with dispersal pattern, you are mistaken.

Beside, you cant really spam them, as 2 launchers is max you can utilize. And dispersal patterns are on 45s cooldown, while normal drops from 12-16s.
I dont really see how you could be confused if you read my post. Im complaining because as a Klingon they are annoying useless clutter, and as a fed because they weaken the whole team because they are useless.

I have read all kinds of "ooh i have this great mine tactic" posts but ive never seen it in practice. If someone has a video of how mines can actually be useful great post it, prove me wrong I dont claim to be some unbearably awesome player..but ive never seen mines make a positive significant contribution in PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-10-2010, 03:02 AM
hmmm the choice between a pea shooter or
8 mines that can do 1k each on exposed hull
Ill go with the possibility of 8k on hull thank you
toss in scramble sensors II followed with jam sensors combined with massive mines makes for some fun
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Don't make me overturn my cauldron and ask you to get over it while we smite Balor the Federation in the eye for their affrontery!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannan
I dont really see how you could be confused if you read my post. Im complaining because as a Klingon they are annoying useless clutter, and as a fed because they weaken the whole team because they are useless.

I have read all kinds of "ooh i have this great mine tactic" posts but ive never seen it in practice. If someone has a video of how mines can actually be useful great post it, prove me wrong I dont claim to be some unbearably awesome player..but ive never seen mines make a positive significant contribution in PvP.
Because you have bad experience / no skill with mines, it doesnt mean that they are bad...just that you suck with them...sorry

Leave everyone to play as they like. Mines are fine, just require timing and skill to use for greater effect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_Tech
hmmm the choice between a pea shooter or
8 mines that can do 1k each on exposed hull
Ill go with the possibility of 8k on hull thank you
toss in scramble sensors II followed with jam sensors combined with massive mines makes for some fun
Torpedoes are better overall, and if you must, put something that can actually do damage in the aft. I see a mine layer and think, gee, look at the exposed after...I think I will burn through that.

Mines, with the exception of something with a mez, are worthless.

You may as well mount a rubber chicken...at least the chicken would be funny.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Target subsystem shield + dispersal pattern beta = anything but useless... 16 quantum mines, 1,5k each at minimum, 2,5k with some debuffs = dead enemy. As i said, they suck if spammed without clue and in useless hands, but if played well and with right tools, are deadly. Dont consider something worthless, just because you have no skill(s) to utilize them. I also dont consider airplane useless, just because i dont know how to fly one.

But everyone is free to use what he wants. Im also not crying that turrets are useless, even if i think they are. And no need to repeat to me the usual blabla all front assault tactic, i know that hymn well.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.