Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Target subsystem shield + dispersal pattern beta
FYI this is what one of my Fleet's Science captains was doing back in Beta. It's amazing how effective it is. (Actually you want to time the shield-drop for just after the mine dispersal, because it always takes a second or two for the mines to kick in.)

One or two of my Fleet members are currently trying out tricobalt mines with bomber strafing tactics. One of them is already having good results with heavy plasma torpedoes, will see if he tries out mines as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I must admit that I use mines. I will also admit that those that spam mines without the skill to use them are annoying as hell. Please learn to use them or don't mount them it's that simple. I dislike the clutter on both sides and find it annoying to have the guy with standard phasers that can't do a thing to my shields spamming a trail of mines that won't do a thing to me. Those of you encouraging people to spam mines please stop it if they don't know how to use them it's just annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
FYI this is what one of my Fleet's Science captains was doing back in Beta. It's amazing how effective it is. (Actually you want to time the shield-drop for just after the mine dispersal, because it always takes a second or two for the mines to kick in.)

One or two of my Fleet members are currently trying out tricobalt mines with bomber strafing tactics. One of them is already having good results with heavy plasma torpedoes, will see if he tries out mines as well.
Im using that combo in pvp since OB and as isaid, it requires skill, balls and proper timing...most people lack at least 2 out of those 3 things.

But joking aside, mines are the most misunderstood weapons in the game and wrongly labeled as useless.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaQogh
I must admit that I use mines. I will also admit that those that spam mines without the skill to use them are annoying as hell. Please learn to use them or don't mount them it's that simple. I dislike the clutter on both sides and find it annoying to have the guy with standard phasers that can't do a thing to my shields spamming a trail of mines that won't do a thing to me. Those of you encouraging people to spam mines please stop it if they don't know how to use them it's just annoying.
Please stop telling others how they should play the game. If you dont like the mines, dont use them, but QQ about them is just stupid. If people spam mines without thoughts, they are propably easy kills, so be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Mines are annoying? That sir is reason enough for me to spam them
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Please stop telling others how they should play the game. If you dont like the mines, dont use them, but QQ about them is just stupid. If people spam mines without thoughts, they are propably easy kills, so be happy.
I think they are saying that they want people to be more effective instead of just being annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Shoot scramble sensors, into the middle of the fed ball, have the rest of the team decloak behind them and watch the fun, as they try to target you but get the mines targeted instead, while you pound their ships into respawn.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I think they are saying that they want people to be more effective instead of just being annoying.
And who decides whats effective and whats not ? The self-proclaimed masters of pvp ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Personally, I think some folks use mines just to mess with tab targetting or auto-targetting since there's an extra 5-10 objects to cycle through. That's a beneficial use of it anyways, since it usually forces me to take a little extra time to target them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
And who decides whats effective and whats not ? The self-proclaimed masters of pvp ?
Why are you being so argumentative? They have an opinion, you have yours. Relax a bit and take it for what it is.