Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
And btw im yet to see a video showing ineffecting use of mine dispersal patterns. Id really love to see one.

But lets get through it again...You personaly have no skill and suck with mines and refuse to just learn how to use them properly or do proper testing, therefore you have labeled them useless (oh the irony), and now with your great wisdom and experise with mines, tell others to not use then...because well....you dont like them ? Why should anyone listen to it ?

Oh great logic...i understand that putting turret instead mine launcher is alot more efficient, especialy when skillfuly smashing spacebar.
So then...your claiming that noone ever uses mines ineffectivley (based on the lack of video)? In the same post where you claim I (who you have never met or played with to the best of my knowledge) suck at mines...in the same post you talk about logic. I suggest you never talk about logic again because you completly lack it, and your embarassing yourself.

However I offically retire from trying to improve peoples gameplay. If people want to spam mines, go for it, I can only hope when the klings slaughter you that you get the message and try a new tactic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannan
However I offically retire from trying to improve peoples gameplay. If people want to spam mines, go for it, I can only hope when the klings slaughter you that you get the message and try a new tactic.
you're on a forum, you will NEVER win an arguement online, the sooner you realize this the happier you will be.

that said; mines can be highly useful or highly inneffective depending on the situation. I have never "accidently" ran into a mine before, and even then (with shields down) they didn't hit very hard (mkX quantums).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannan
So then...your claiming that noone ever uses mines ineffectivley (based on the lack of video)? In the same post where you claim I (who you have never met or played with to the best of my knowledge) suck at mines...in the same post you talk about logic. I suggest you never talk about logic again because you completly lack it, and your embarassing yourself.

However I offically retire from trying to improve peoples gameplay. If people want to spam mines, go for it, I can only hope when the klings slaughter you that you get the message and try a new tactic.
first - you used the incorrect word when referring to him..it should be you're

second, it seems as if you are as well by QQing about mines...
current military use shows that they are and can be effective regardless of deployment methods.
sure - they are more effective when coupled with other actions, but in general terms, they cause havoc when you least expect it.
in a group setting, other people may forget all about the mines since they are targeting other players, or getting targeted themselves. the least of ones worries at that point is deployed mines.
another point is they are deploy and forget. once armed they seek out a target and complete the missoion. i dont have to worry about what target to send the mines to or not to send them to.

finally: in honor of your QQing about them, i have installed a set of mines and have placed them in auto fire mode. quite fun to have them spawn on thier own....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannan
Listen all you (mostly fed) mine spammers, please stop. Just stop. I know somehow youve convinced yourself that the massive spam distracts people or you have some super tactic for using mines..but your wrong.

Mines are just clutter. I dont think ive ever seen them employed in anything approaching a useful manner, last night I was even in a situation of having to chase a mine spammer around and he got to have that nirvana moment of dumping mines on me over and over again, and it didnt save him or even seriously injure me, they basically bounced off my shields. Mines are useless. Seriously find something useful for that weapons slot. Another torpedo, more beams, a turret, some guy throwing lettuce at pursuing Klings, almost anything you can imagine would be better than mines.

And no dont just stop because it annoys me when I play my Kling and have to look at all your usless spam (which doesnt stop us from killing you) but more importantly because when I play my fed, I want to win and you wasting a weapons slot makes that more difficult.
AMEN

Mines do nearly no damage to me (though they look impressive).

Its silly. They suck. Usually players who use them suck and I light up their ship. Its gotten to the point where I get happy whenever I see a mob of FED mines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Bodies View Post
AMEN

Mines do nearly no damage to me (though they look impressive).

Its silly. They suck. Usually players who use them suck and I light up their ship. Its gotten to the point where I get happy whenever I see a mob of FED mines.
They do no dmg, because people put them in aft without any skill points and BO skills invested. If you havent speced for torpedoes, the single hits from it wouldnt be impressive also. So its kinda comparing apple to pears.

But saying they suck for everyone is wrong, because with that same logic, torpedoes suck for everyone, if there are some people, who dont spec for them. Got it ? You can complain on people for not specing for mines and using them, but not about mines. Speccing for mines and learning how to use them, makes them highly effective. But thats about with every weapon in STO. Putting them on autofire in aft slot is kinda stupid (maybe except chronitons), but hey, all people have to learn. If that is embarrassing, than im embarrased .

So stop yelling on people making their own builds. They may be testing, or just want to have something else than the allmighty "spacebarsmash" turret in aft slot. Everyone is free to do what he wants, because he is paying his own playing time. If you dont like to play with people with mines, simple leave the combat, im sure there is more people waiting in the queue. I for one like, when people are experimenting, instead listening to "best builds" around and playing like clones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-12-2010, 07:42 AM
The OP has a very good point. I have never seen mines used effectively in PvP, and I've been BG5 for a little while now. That doesn't mean that they CAN'T be used effectively, but that the majority of people who use them are wasting a weapon slot because they AREN'T using them effectively. If I had someone on my team that had mines I would encourage them to use something else unless they are really good with them. As I have never seen them used well I have to admit that I'd probably just assume that this teammate wouldn't use them well either.

Though I would be happily proven wrong if they did use them properly, and proclaim the player to be awesome

So although the OP should probably have said "Learn to use them or stop using them" he is quite right. Most people who use mines are a detriment to their team because it's one less weapon that they could be using to actually damage someone.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.