Lt. Commander
# 1 Date and time display
03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I know this is a relatively trivial thing, but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine.

The time as displayed near the mini-map is in that annoying AM/PM format, which makes it show as 05:41 at this moment, while it's clearly 17:41. Though the time stamp in chat is in normal 24 hour format.

The date stamp in chat however is showing that we currently live on the 3rd of October, which seems rather incorrect. Then I realised that the date as well is in the wrong format. It's in that silly Month-Day-Year kind of format, rather than a normal Day-Month-Year format.

So I'd like to ask if it'd be possible for us to be able to set the date and time format through out the interface and forum as well to whatever is the normal format for where ever we live.

I have no idea when "12:44AM" is, I assume that you mean 0:44 and not 12:44, but if you do, why can't it be written like 0:44?

Well I suppose all that is left here is to whinge about how "military time is canon" in the hopes that something irrelevant like that will encourage devs to allow us to set date and time display to our local format.